Accounting is a dark art – boring, complex and understood by a select few. We are changing all that. Our students use online interactive models to create virtual businesses, compete against each other and gain an intuitive understanding of how accounting works – like riding a bike. Our aim is to demystify finance and empower people all over the world to fulfil their potential.
The ideal candidate is looking for an exciting role helping a start-up online education business to grow. You will be taking the lead on development of www.accountingintuition.com – a course that is teaching people finance in a revolutionary new way. The product has generated significant traction, has a huge worldwide market and having proven the concept the creators now want to start the next stage of expansion. This is an opportunity to get involved at a very early stage and play a pivotal role in the evolution of a product (and business).
You will have the support of the team at Metapraxis Ltd who built the existing software and freelancers / agencies to bring in specific skill-sets when required. But you need to be comfortable taking responsibility for an end-to-end web application and be able to demonstrate successful history of doing so. You will be working in a start-up and so enthusiasm, proactivity, business acumen and common sense are essential. You’ll be passionate about software development, ideas in general and have the drive to continually learn.
You must be prepared to accept a combination of salary and equity options.
Examples of Year 1 activities / outcomes:
- Enhancing user experience e.g. through Jquery
- Technical user support and bug fixing
- Design, build and testing of a new back-end
- Gathering qualitative / quantitative user feedback
- Generating & implementing product development ideas
- Attending sales pitches / client meetings
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience.
- A degree in Computer Science (or equivalent skill set)
- Strong grasp of object-oriented programming
- Experience using server-side web frameworks e.g. Rails, Laravel
- Comfortable creating and manipulating databases using SQL
- Experience of working with GIT
- Experience of working on projects independently and in teams
- Proven independent learner & problem solver
- Familiarity with C# and Actionscript
- Basic knowledge of finance / accounting principles
- Used to Agile / Lean methods