Here at Memrise we have a fantastic team of people working on a product used by over 10 million people worldwide that makes learning joyful and effortless, leveraging lots of brain science and plenty of humour in the process.
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer to join our established and growing team of people in our converted chapel in East London. We ship substantial new features weekly, and we’re facing significant scaling challenges alongside the continual bold transformation of the product itself.
The app itself has millions of downloads, a 4.7-star rating, almost a million active users, and ranks in top-grossing charts, as well as having accolades like Editor’s Choice and Play Apps of the Year 2015.
We now want to push on and scale Memrise’s Android app to tens of millions of active users, while providing the most potent learning tech on the Play Store.
- Extensive experience building and iterating popular Android applications
- Ideally experience of working on apps that have millions of downloads
- Strong Java background, deep knowledge of the Android framework
- Comfortable working on a fast-iterating team
- Great communication skills, an affinity for startup environments
- Interest in languages, learning and neuroscience a plus
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’.
If you join us, you will get to work on:
- A high-profile, award winning app
- Cool stuff like: Dagger2, RxJava, Retrolambda, Material Design, Espresso, ExoPlayer
- Improving language learning for millions of people around the world.
Fresh fruit; coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We run hackathons and team expeditions, the last one being a lovely canal cruise in the summer sunshine! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of perks and benefits. We also have two cats in the office.