Reporting to Head of Infrastructure
Position Type Permanent, full Time
Maple Syrup Media (‘MSM’) is Europe’s largest and fastest-growing cashback group, comprising Quidco in the UK, Qipu in Germany and Shoop in France. Its mission is to provide a platform where its 6m+ members receive the best incentive for their purchasing power and merchants are able to profitably influence behaviour based on deep consumer data.
Founded in 2005 as an online pure play, MSM has grown from a tech start up to become the most sophisticated omni-channel rewards programme with over 120 employees.
Product innovators, MSM has had considerable success in launching popular new products and services. Last year the group issued over £70million in cashback to its members, driving over £1.2billion in GMV (Gross Merchandising Value).
This role is responsible for maintaining the Group’s tech production and office servers. Accountable for driving improvements to continuous integration and deployment of the Group’s systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to script and automate functions
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental testing and deployment
- Data management skills and
- Collaboration across multiple teams to ensure business goals are met
Communicate any internal changes to relevant departments in a professional and timely
- Perform as an ambassador for the business during office visits and external events and
- Affect any other reasonable request made by a manager.
- Virtualization – KVM / Xen
- Configuration – Puppet / Chef
- Automation – Jenkins
- Networking – Firewalls
- Hardware – NetApp
- Cloud – AWS
- Security – AV, AntiMalware, PCI
- Databases – MySQL (preferably experience with cluster or Master Master)