We’re looking for a back-end developer with experience in AWS and an interest in Docker and Terraform to work primarily on Ruby on Rails and Elixir Phoenix apps. If you’re a developer with 4 or more years experience in any modern programming language and an interest in working with these technologies, we’d love to hear from you!
As a back-end developer at Made by Many you’ll have the opportunity to do the best work of your life as part of a team of talented developers, strategists, designers and product managers. You’ll be working to solve challenging and interesting problems and making software to power successful new products.
We believe that every member of the team has important experience that can help shape a product. Working at Made by Many you’ll have the opportunity to use your insight and perspective on technology to help set the strategy and direction of the products we work on.
Made by Many is an open, exciting and welcoming place to work. Here, you will find new colleagues who are deeply excited by the opportunity to create thoughtful digital products and services. We believe that our differences and unique perspectives are what help us produce innovative, awesome work. We are deeply committed to diversity in the workplace, and would like to encourage applicants with a diverse range of experiences and education.
Where we’ve made a difference
- We conceived, designed and released Composed, a classical music service on iOS, Android, and desktop for Universal Music to help them leverage their vast library.
- We’ve helped evolve online education with TED-prize winner Sugata Mitra’s School in the Cloud and Microsoft’s Skype in the Classroom.
- We’ve worked with large media companies like BBC and ITV to help revolutionise their approach to content and revenue models.
- We created a connected ball to help kids learn the principles of programming through play (Hackaball), which we successfully funded via Kickstarter.
- We’re currently working with a number clients on challenging new propositions in fintech, health and travel.
Who you are
- Ideally you have shipped production back-end code using Ruby or Elixir but we’d like to hear from applicants with similar experience of other modern programming languages.
- You have experience working with Amazon Web Services and ideally have experience with tools like Docker and Terraform.
- You have at least 4 years of experience working as a developer. You know how to architect software that can scale and grow, and you understand the tradeoffs involved in this design process.
- Your interest in development extends past coding; you have a passion for products and a perspective on user experience and product design. What you’ll do
What we offer
- Active encouragement to explore modern web technologies and practices to continuously improve the team and our work
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and free additional holidays over Christmas
- Picturesque canal-side studio in an old marble wharf
- Above industry norm training and development allowance
- Mentoring scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
How to apply
- All applicants must apply via Recruiterbox. No personal emails, please.
- This position is not suited to remote working.
- If you have done any open-source work, a link to it would be welcome. However, we recognise that not all companies allow such work, and absence of this will not be counted against your application.
- No recruiters please.