Job Title: Laravel/PHP Developer
Compensation: Competitive rates
About the role:
Laundrapp is a truly unique environment. We mix convenience with high quality cleaning and since our successful UK launch in 2015, we’ve grown to over 50 towns and cities across the UK. Now we’re ready to take on the rest of the world too. As one of Europe’s most buzzing start-ups, we’re looking for the best talent out there to join our team of superstars.
We’re seeking a talented and experienced Laravel Developer to join a high performance team building the future this industry. Working alongside the CTO and rest of the technology team, the Laravel Developer will play an important supporting role in the growth of the web development team as we look to expand the Laundrapp technology platform.
We like decisive problem solvers; we don’t just mean being able to separate your whites from your darks before washing! You must be ambitious, innovative, good at ping pong and have a desire to join one of the most exciting and disruptive start-ups across the UK!
Why you’ll love working at Laundrapp!
- We’re right next to St James’ Park and when it doesn’t rain we like to feed the ducks
- Flexible working time with core hours between 11am – 4:30pm
- Regular social events & team activities, from karaoke to go-karting
- A genuinely empowering environment, we hire the best and empower you to achieve
- A truly entrepreneurial team with a desire to change the world!
- 2+ years Laravel development experience with completed sites as examples
- 5+ PHP/MySQL development experience
- 6+ years programming experience
- Knowledge and experience of authentication (OAuth), billing (Stripe), email (Sendgrid), queues (Beanstalkd), BDD testing (Behat)
- Strong understanding of GIT version control
- Experience of working in high paced start ups
- Great communication skills and clear spoken English
We would like to invite candidates to find out more about Laundrapp at laundrapp.com/working-for-laundrapp and most importantly try the service! Feedback is important to us and we’ll often ask interviewees on their impressions of the service and improvements that can be made.