Lead web developer
Full time preferred, contract considered (must be based in office)
Kokoon are a London based venture capital backed start-up developing ergonomic and intelligent Bluetooth headphones specifically designed to help human performance and wellness. Kokoon raised just under $2m on Kickstarter in 2015 and have their first device due to hit the market in early 2017.
Kokoon are looking for a lead web developer with significant WordPress and WooCommerce experience to take ownership for their e-commerce website, Kokoon.io, and drive sales performance through testing and conversion optimisation. A flexible attitude is a must as well as the ability to work on all aspects of the site including its design, imagery and checkout. This is a superb opportunity to join a growing team in a highly innovative start up and make a significant impact on the business.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will work in a varied role developing and optimising Kokoon’s e-commerce platform in partnership with the digital marketing function. There is significant scope to increase revenue through Kokoon.io and the ideal candidate will have a very rigorous approach to optimisation and passion for driving revenue.
- Ongoing site optimisation to maximise conversion and sales
- Design and delivery of new, responsive functionality into the site, for example integration of a forum, customer support area (via a ticket system) and redesigned product discovery journeys
- Manage and implement best practice SEO to ensure the sites discoverability
- Design and creation of graphical assets for site and around the business, including banners, site images and infographics incorporating existing Kokoon imagery
- Ownership of Kokoon.io. Responsibility for maintenance of site (updates, security fixes etc.) and performance (speed, uptime etc.)
- Management of hosting, domain registrations and DNS records
Skills & Experience Required:
Kokoon are seeking candidates who have the experience and drive to take ownership for all aspects of their site and its performance. The chosen candidate will need to swiftly familiarise themselves with the Kokoon web estate and provide a detailed report into current performance and target improvement areas. Following this, the candidate will be responsible for defining and delivering a structured programme of improvements to meet agreed performance objectives.
The chosen candidate will have:
- Portfolio of previous WordPress and WooCommerce design and development projects with clear description role in each project
- Previous record of performing conversion optimisation on multiple sites and able to demonstrate improvements in key metrics over time
- Extensive mobile-responsive site building experience, in particular around designing checkouts to work on all devices.
- Plug-in and customisation of plug ins experience, in particular around payment gateways, inventory management and order management/CRM
- Understanding and experience with SEO best practices
- Experience setting up and maintaining servers (E.g. Linux & Apache)
- Command line interface tools experience
- Highly proficient with Adobe tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) Good communication skills, able to clearly articulate problems and propose considered solutions
- A passion for learning and an openness and willingness to get involved outside the core role
- Working within a dynamic and highly motivated team
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Fun and social workplace
- Autonomy for producing creative, career-defining work
- Located near Brixton, South London
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your CV, portfolio and simple cover letter now!