Katté & Co are on the hunt for a Full Stack Developer to join our small and fast growing agency to be a part of shaping our future.
You’ll be working closely with the Managing Director but will have your own autonomy and will be responsible for development projects in their entirety. From discovery and specification through to testing and QA; the projects will be yours to own!
We’re open to applications from anyone but we expect the ideal candidate to already have practical experience working in an agency and have a creative approach to problem solving and a passion for building clean, functional systems. Bags of enthusiasm, proactivity, go-getterness and common sense are a minimum requirement. You’ll have a drive to continually learn and keep up to date on the latest in development techniques.
The successful candidate will be working with a small team of graphic designers and one other web developer who works remotely. Your role will be on site here in Vauxhall. The role is completely yours to make your own; if you want to introduce Agile and/or Scrum methodologies then we’ll look to you to implement this. We want to be the best at what we do – and we want you to get us there. You’ll have the ability to control your own career path and grow into a leadership role within an innovative, young company.
Typical duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining PHP applications, APIs and sites for mobile platforms and responsive design
- Designing, administering and optimising MySQL databases
- Writing and maintaining clear and comprehensive documentation to accompany your code
- Working with others to collect requirements and write technical specifications
- Writing code to create API’s or to integrate with 3rdparty systems and API’s (e.g. booking systems, social networks etc.)
- Carrying out QA to investigate, diagnose and fix bugs
- Creating automated tests to ensure our code and apps continue to run reliably 24/7
- Working with WordPress
- Developing custom-made themes.
- PHP application development writing custom theme functionality
- Plugin integration and development
- Front-end interface development
- Hooks, filters etc.
Progression could take a number of routes and for the right person will happen quickly. The most likely next step would be to become ‘Head of Development’ and look after a small team of web developers within 6-12 months.
We’re fortunate to work with a wide range of clients from small property companies wanting online brochures through to multi million-pound ecommerce companies need powerful, scalable tech to sell online. As such your day-to-day role will vary massively which is why we think this is such an exciting opportunity.
REQUIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for someone who has:
- A degree in Computer Science (or equivalent skill set)
- 1+ years production-level PHP and WordPress experience
- The ability to craft intelligently responsive user experiences that work across a host of browsers on mobile, tablet and desktop
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Linux and MySQL
- Experience of debugging cross-browser issues
- A good eye for detail, design and most importantly usability
In addition, experience in any of the following would be extremely beneficial, however not essential:
- Experience with Magento
- Experience creating HTML5 display adverts
- Knowledge of Google DoubleClick would be great
- Experience with ORM frameworks
- Experience working with cloud-based platforms such as AWS
ABOUT KATTE & CO
Started in 2014, we’re a small but highly specialist PPC, Analytics and Development Agency.
All of our new business is generated by word of mouth and recommendations made by our existing clients. That’s because we’re good at what we do – we focus on delivering a high standard of work and charge a realistic amount of money for it (unlike the bigger agencies!) – and importantly we’re fun to work with. That’s what we’ll continue to be even as we grow. It’s what makes us us. If you’re keen to make a difference for clients and do it with a smile on your face then Katté & Co is the right place for you.
As a team we always want to be moving forward – that’s why we want all of our employees to have chance to have their say in developing the company further. Whether it’s bringing in new tools, enhancing our workflow or contributing to the overall vibe at the office we want all of our team members to make their mark on the company.
OFFICE HOURS + LOCATION
We’re modern in our approach to working hours but a typical day is from 9am to 6pm. Working from home on some occasions is also possible.
Our office is centrally located in the brand new Vox Studios (the old Marmite Factory!) in Vauxhall, London. (2 minutes from Vauxhall Overground + Tube).