Our WebOps Engineers are responsible for deploying and overseeing on-going operation of digital services and solutions, most often as part of a team but in some cases in a solo capacity utilising Agile and traditional methodologies. Our WebOps Engineers can be based anywhere – in the Kainos office or on a customer site.
WebOps Engineers will have a strong infrastructure background with a primary focus of delivering robust, scalable, open, secure, reliable and high performance solutions. They will work from requirements or high-level design without the need for direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge of configuring and managing infrastructure platforms with a particular focus on Linux based Operating Systems.
- Deploying and overseeing on-going operation of digital services.
- Experience of configuration management tools such as Puppet/Chef.
- Experience of Continuous Integration tools and familiarity with the Continuous Delivery methodology.
- Experience of one or more scripting languages.
- Experience of networking protocols and their optimisation.
- Familiarity with securing public facing web services.
- Demonstrable awareness of business and operational environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to team leader or manager, as appropriate.
- Able to produce viable estimates for self and others, and ensure they are delivered to.
- Experience of collaborating with development teams regarding the configuration and deployment of applications.
- Comfortable delivering in an Agile environment.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Ability to coach and mentor less-experienced staff.
- Experience of working as a team leader.
- Constructive, professional, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Team player with the ability to work to deadlines and deliver results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible and willing to work away from the home base.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Proactive with respect to personal and technical development.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos. Details on how to apply for this will be included in your offer lette