It’s a great time to join Kainos, we are rapidly growing and opportunities are available across the business.
Kainos is currently seeking Software Engineers at all levels within the organisation, we are currently recruiting for roles at Associate, Senior Associate and Lead levels.
Responsible for developing and testing software solutions, most often as part of a team but in some cases in a solo capacity. May be based in the Kainos office or on a customer site. Will provide technical lead to other software engineers. Will work from requirements or high-level design without the need for direct supervision.
Will be responsible for development and testing of major components for complex systems using Agile and traditional methodologies. Promoter of quality software engineering techniques within project team, such as code review, design review, reusability of code, refactoring, automated testing and use of standards. Aware of overall client business requirements and impact on Kainos and client commercials.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Experience of substantially contributing to a completed solution, involved for most or all of its duration, from inception to acceptance.
- Competent and experienced in three or more technologies, and has successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
- Competent in three or more technologies and has successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
- Good understanding of software development tools and best practice.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to team leader or manager, as appropriate.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Able to produce viable estimates for self and others, and ensure they are delivered to.
- Comfortable delivering in an Agile environment.
Strong skills in modern technologies.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Build automation and DevOps.
- Able to comfortably move between languages and technologies.
- Experience of working as a team leader.
- Constructive, professional, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Team player with the ability to work to deadlines and deliver results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible and willing to work away from the home base.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Proactive with respect to personal and technical development.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos. Details on how to apply for this will be included in your offer letter