As an agile team lead you’ll be responsible for leading an agile team to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions that meet client and user needs. You’ll get the best from our talented team by creating a productive and sustainable environment. You’ll encourage self-organisation and learning, foresee and remove blockers and keep the business appraised of risks and issues. You’ll work closely with other agile team leads and stakeholders to keep development flowing, and you’ll also have the support and guidance of a Project/Delivery Manager or Managing Consultant. Sounds like a scrum master role? Our customers often ask for Scrum, and you’ll need to be familiar with it. However, we recognize there are many effective ways to deliver projects and knowledge of kanban and lean is highly valued.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a solid understanding of agile.
- Role model collaborative behaviours, agile values and professionalism.
- Lead continuous improvements; applying previous knowledge, experience and industry best practices in agile delivery
- Help the team develop their skills, and contribute to Kainos’ agile practice.
- Establish ways of working to enable the team to plan, forecast, deliver and retrospect.
- Provide data, forecasts and updates to inform project and planning initiatives.
- Facilitate workshops and discussions to effectively gather requirements and achieve a joint understanding of needs
- Establish effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ensure stakeholders can access current, accurate project status, without disruption to delivery.
We’re broadminded about experience, but you’ll almost certainly have lead software development teams through multiple projects, and have solid client facing experience.
- Considerable experience in a relevant commercial or technical environment.
- Broad, relevant work experience in a consulting firm or other client-facing role.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering as part of an agile team.
Excellent communication skills are vital. You’ll need to be a persuasive and effective communicator with strong negotiating skills. It’s not only about talking, you’ll need to be able to listen, understand, and build on other’s view points.
You will need an eye for detail, particularly to interpret supplied information and understand sources and challenge where necessary.
The following are required skills:
- A solid understanding of agile methods including Scrum.
- The ability to facilitate team meetings and group conversations
- Relevant commercial experience
- A good understanding of technology, digital services and trends.
- Good commercial awareness.
- The ability to communicate effectively with the team and external stakeholders.
The following are desirable skills:
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Experience of working in a digital start up.
- Experience of working in a full service digital agency environment.
You’ll need to be highly flexible, including willingness to travel frequently and work away from your home base.
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos. Details on how to apply for this will be included in your offer letter