Judo Payments are leaders in the mobile revolution, making buying things on mobile devices faster, simpler and more secure. Our tech enables companies to ride an unstoppable wave as smartphones change the way consumers engage in commerce. We pride ourselves on being local enough to care, but global enough to power businesses around the world.
Far from a beige cube farm, our corporate headquarters in Angel is designed to support a dynamic and fun culture complete with foosball, popcorn machine and Maxx, our resident dachshund.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Data Scientist to take the lead role in transforming the way data is stored, processed and viewed at Judo. We currently use SQL but would like to add other databases for varying functionalities. You’ll use your engineering, data wrangling and analytical expertise to influence the future path we take with this to organise our data, critical as we expand geographically!
We believe in collaboration and incrementally improving our engineering practices. Building software is an evolving craft and there is always room for improvement, which is why we place high importance on investing in skill development for our team. We love individuals who not only understand programming concepts, but more importantly have a hunger and a passion for development of compelling, high standard software.
- Take the lead in developing our data strategy and selecting the best technologies to enable the business to grow
- Manage the design, development and operation of high performance databases
- Help us to build a global leading fraud detection system, using real time data analysis and processing
- Manage data requirements from PCI compliance, business intelligence and real time analytics
- Continually learn relevant and new technologies/techniques that benefit the business and understand how to apply them
- Collaborate with full stack developers to continually improve database design and performance
Key Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years’ working with real-time stream processing
- Design, development and operation of high performance databases
- Experience working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams with an understanding and belief in agile as a practice
- Experience supporting BI internally and for customers
- Experience of multiple data platforms
- Experience of performance tuning databases, by design and an in operation
- Strong communications and collaboration skills whether working independently or in a team
- Strong project and people management knowledge
Our Stack (but we want you add to it!):
- C# / Scala
- Kafka / Spark
- MS SQL Server
- Windows Server 2012 R2 / Ubuntu 16.04