About Jinn Capital
We are a private office based next to Buckingham Palace. We focus on momentum strategies in equity indices and futures and are looking to grow into other strategies.
We are small and rapidly expanding, so this is an opportunity to leapfrog your career; when we grow you will be a senior figure at a mid-sized firm. Furthermore, the work is stimulating as you will be generalised. You will get to work on a variety of technologies and on every part of the code, rather than being siloed early on.
Culturally, what makes us stand out is that we give employees significant responsibility. We reward employees generously for performance and believe strongly in having a flat hierarchy when it comes to decision making.
Key responsibilities include:
- Adding functionality to major software modules such as Backtester or Regression-Platform.
- Maintaining the central database.
- Handling market data connectivity.
- Translating code from MATLAB to Python.
- Maintaining server infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes, but please apply even if you do not tick all of the following boxes:
- Object orientated experience in MATLAB and Python.
- Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS.
- Linux experience.
- A structured and clear coding style.
- Team-orientated and flexible attitude.
- C++ would be an advantage, but is not mandatory.
- Networking experience would be an advantage, but is not mandatory.
- Experience working on large financial systems would be an advantage.
- Minimum degree class: 2:1.
- Contract type: permanent / fixed term / temporary.
- Contract hours: part time / full time.