Information Systems is looking for a developer who enjoys working with a broad range of technologies. Our IS developers write code that stores and tracks data to allow other departments to work efficiently. We’re looking for customer service-oriented individuals to join a team of well-rounded developers that thrive in an agile environment.
- Full stack development of robust workflow based applications.
- Provide input on architecture of larger applications; build stand alone modules and smaller applications for use by artists and productions within the organization.
- Work with Project Managers to implement elegant and user-friendly interfaces for all new modules and/or applications.
- Ensure code is developed, deployed, documented and maintained in keeping with IS guidelines. Assist developers from other departments in working with IS data and framework.
- Monitor use of existing systems, and suggest strategies to improve health and reduce technical debt.
- Lead and participate in code reviews, test new concepts and technologies, suggest improvements in technical direction and mentor other members of group in areas of expertise.
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
Requirements – Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical degree
- Very strong experience working in a professional software development environment
- Experience in a fast paced production environment a plus.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Acquired specific technical/domain knowledge and is eager to expand expertise.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently with frequent changes in priority, balancing the need for “perfect” solutions with the need for “quick” solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an effective contributor on mid to large scale development projects.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with all levels throughout the organization.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and mentoring.
- Strong attention to detail, strong sense of ownership and strong commitment to teamwork
- Python fluency (Python 2.6+, Python 3.3+).
- Deep understanding of web standards & technologies (e.g., HTTP, REST, SOAP, JSON)
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Linux proficiency.
- Database/SQL experience.
- Experience with GUI Development
- Enterprise Application Development
- Strong understanding of software development and Quality Assurance best practices.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Web frameworks: Flask/Bottle, Django, Tornado/Cyclone, Pylons/Pyramid.
- Web servers: Nginx, Apache, uWSGI.
- Data stores/tools: Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Redis, MongoDB, Solr. • Tools: Virtualenv, Buildout, py.test, Ansible, Selenium.
- Async: Twisted, asyncio.
- Virtualization: AWS, VMWare, VirtualBox, Docker.