Huddle is looking for a talented, motivated and dedicated Front-end Developer to join its exceptional Front End Development team. Reporting to the Lead Developer this role is based at our brand new office directly outside Aldgate station.
About The Role
Huddle Developers are multitalented individuals, blending deep technical knowledge with amazing communication skills. At Huddle we take pride in the features we deliver and the way in which we solve engineering problems. As a Developer you’d be expected to:
- Design and develop high quality solutions in line with our department standards and strategy
- Build and evolve composable single page applications on a RESTful API
- Ensure good UI test coverage by using our open source test framework PhantomFlow
- Develop build systems using Grunt and Webpack
- Develop sophisicated SASS based design system using advanced CSS techniques
- Work with UX, QA, Architects and Product Owners using Agile methodologies
- Proactively monitor the performance, throughput and errors in the live system following a DevOps culture
About The Team
We work in a multiskilled team at the heart of Huddle’s engineering process, working side-by-side with Architects, Product Management, Technical Operations, QA Engineers and UX Designers to ensure a consistently top class product is delivered to our customers in a way that is scalable to the business.
At Huddle we have a collaborative jukebox playing in the background, gather around colourful stand up boards and give all of our demos in a massive auditorium.
Huddlers are foodies, sports enthusiasts, video and board gamers, and pub goers. There’s burger club, cheese club, monthly release drinks, team lunches, breakfast on Mondays, lunch on Wednesdays and beer o’clock on Fridays. Our team is from all over the world and we would love for you to join us too!
- You feel strong ownership of the code you author and want to support your changes all the way through to operating successfully in production
- You are a natural at setting priorities, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and share in the excitement of growing a global cloud-based business
- Like us, you’re enthusiastic, driven, and motivated by constant improvement. You’re a great communicator and love to work and collaborate with others
- You like a challenge and want to continually learn
Core Skills / Experience
- Strong skills in building and maintaining CSS systems
- Experience optimising web application performance
- Experience of pair programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of visual regression testing
- Experience of CSS pre or post processors
- Experience of UX design for web applications
- Good understanding of REST
- Good understanding of mobile first techniques
- Private Medical Insurance and Life Assurance Plans
- Private Pension Plan with up to 3% contribution from Huddle
- 25 days of holiday plus your birthday off each year
- “Huddle Cuddle” – a £500 lifestyle bonus per year as a thank you for your hard work.
- Cool office with kitchen stocked with fruit, snacks and beverages
- Innovation Time between agile sprints to work on self-driven projects
- Work alongside a number of key members of the London .Net User Group and regular presenters on the conference circuit.
- Two days per year to support the Huddle Foundation by dedicating your time to a charity/non-profit
- Corporate gym rates