DevOps Engineer in Hotels.com Tech Ops Team
Making sure Hotels.com helps our customers find the perfect place and wake up happy is an exciting mission for our Technology team. We are looking for a applications engineer for our technical operations team to help us deliver features to our customers quickly, make sure we are always there for our customers and offer an unsurpassed hotel search and booking experience.
Over 30 million monthly visitors across 70 countries in nearly 40 languages pose some rather interesting technical problems. Taking complex requirements and delivering them via super simple solutions is what makes our job interesting.
- Have you worked in a fast paced ecommerce environment?
- Have you experience in supporting Web applications with high traffic?
- Do you know the Java ecommerce stack (Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, Netty.) inside-out?
- Are you a whizz with scripting languages Python or Java?
- Do you have strong Linux administration skills ideally CentOS?
- Experienced in full automation and configuration management (Ansible)?
- Can you help developers own and deliver change from keyboard to customer?
- Advocate for and grow a DevOps culture?
- Have you used monitoring tools like Tealeaf, AppDynamics, Splunk, Graphite, Consul, Sensu?
- Can you diagnose and fix complex production issues working with others as necessary?
- Are you a Developer who wants to work in a cutting edge & dynamic operations team?
- Do you have experience of Continuous integration & Pipeline?
- Can you help continually improve systems to reduce impact from technical issues?
- Are you comfortable being on call and working out of hours to provide production support?
- Do you keep your technology skills in tip-top condition through continual learning?
Key words: Java, Linux, CentOS, RedHat, Ansible, Docker, DevOps, Python, Bash, Shell, NoOps, scripting, Kanban, Cloud, AWS, Apache, Nginx, Agile, Scrum, Git, Jira, Graphite, App
We don’t hire just for the sake of it, we hire the best people, and trust them to do what’s right! With your knowledge and experience, you will work closely with other application engineers and development teams to build out infrastructure, operationalize applications, deploy new releases and support our applications in production ensuring we always exceed our customer’s expectations of us.
If you answered yes to some, if not all of the questions above and want to work for a global player in the e-commerce space, then come in to our new office at Angel Building for a chat!