As a Software Engineer working in Hotels.com Shopping team, you will participate in the design, development and deployment of applications that drives Hotels.com shopping experience. You will help ensure the pages are fast, available, scalable and developed to support extraordinary demand. In an environment with a DevOps mindset you will conduct, automate and make decisions that influence applications and services that serve millions of customers from around the world.
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- You’ll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world’s biggest travel company
- We love open source and actively be involved in the open source community
- We win prizes (Netflix Cloud Prize for one)
- We do hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and innovative
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of London
- You will learn a lot about software engineering, architecture and contribute to a cool product
- Work with the business and technology groups to refine requirements and functional specifications
- Along with the rest of the delivery team, responsible for delivering product that satisfies customer-driven user stories
- Develop code, unit tests and automate acceptance tests in a continuously integrated environment
- Promote good development methodologies via code review and great software design
- Proactively monitor the health of applications owned by the team and address issues
- Encourage people to look at new ways of doing things
- Take care of our development tools and improve our continuous deployment process
- Significant experience in Java and web technologies
- Strong software object oriented design skills
- Strong experience with agile project methodologies
- DevOps mindset
- Docker, Bamboo and Ansible experience (Desirable)
About the Expedia Group
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio includes brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), Egencia, Hotwire, eLong, trivago, Venere, Travelocity and Auto Escape Group, to name a few.
Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to a wide range of hotels, hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://www.expediainc.com/expedia-brands to learn more about our travel brands.
At the Expedia Group we believe in personality and passion. We know how to have fun. We love solving problems and creating ideas. We’re a team of talented and diverse people from all over the world. We believe in a work-well, live-well approach and offer benefits to meet your professional, personal, and family needs.
Expedia.com Limited in the UK has been voted the #1 Best Place To Work by Glassdoor!
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.