Hotels.com is a website. And an App. And a call centre. But mostly, it’s a company full of people.
And it’s our people who make Hotels.com better than any other website, app, call centre or company not named Hotels.com.
We are enterprising, intelligent and supportive. We work in an environment that encourages innovation, creativity and diversity; in the Hotels.com Technology Group we may speak DIFFERENT LANGUAGES but we all speak the SAME CODE.
And when somebody says it can’t be done we don’t hear it. Every day we work to provide an unsurpassed booking experience.
At Hotels.com not only do we LOVE TRAVEL, we LOVE TECHNOLOGY!
You will support the QA function within Hotels.com.
The successful candidate will be passionate about QA and ideally have proficient and proven experience in Exploratory testing. He/She will be brimming with enthusiasm and have brilliant ideas.
Day-to-day activities will include but are not limited to:
- Help to co-ordinate, develop and maintain test activities
- Report defects
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Help drive QA practices and processes
- Aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Passionate about quality delivery
- A keen interest in QA/Testing technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Outgoing team player, able to contribute to team success
Knowledge and experience in:
- Ad-Hoc, Exploratory and Risk based testing
- Hands on experience of testing techniques; Boundary Value Analysis, Classification Trees, Decision Trees, Equivalence Partitioning, State Transition, Use Case
- Proven experience with web application testing
- Proven experience with mobile device testing
- Knowledge of HTML, JS and CSS
- Knowledge of HTTP
- Demonstrable experience of defect management; Bugzilla, FogBugz, JIRA
- Proven experience of methodologies; Agile (BDD, ATDD, FDD ,TDD), V-Model
- Basic Performance and Security testing
- A Computer Science degree, equivalent qualification or practical experience
Desirable experience or knowledge in:
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
- Multitier architecture and micro services
- Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Continuous integration; Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, TeamCity
- Distributed version control systems; GIT, Mercurial, Stash
- Automation; API, Component, GUI
- Mocking and Stubbing
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- You’ll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world’s biggest travel company, Expedia, Inc. (over £28Billion in Gross Bookings in 2014!)
- We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
- We win prizes (Netflix Cloud Prize for one)
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in vibrant, central part of London
The world’s leading hotel booking site offering the widest selections of lodging and accommodations from traditional hotels to vacation rentals at more than 70,000 properties worldwide. Hotels.com offers reservation services through its own websites (including hotels.com and others), its interactive affiliate network, and its toll-free call centers (1-800-2-HOTELS).