Who are we?
HootLoot is a money website for children and parents that teaches financial responsibility in a fun way.
Our founders come from the banking industry. Merging fintech with social responsibility and education are our core values and growth drivers. Our mission is to help children develop the skills to successfully navigate the complexity of their financial future.
Everyday adults make wrong and uninformed financial decisions. We want to prepare children so that they don’t repeat the mistakes of previous generations, while simplifying life for parents.
We believe in socially responsible business. Ethical profitability and long term user retention come from creating a product that people both need and want to use; in the process giving back to the community. We plan to be part of the new financial technology revolution, rewriting the relationship between users and providers.
Where do you come in?
We are an early stage startup, with aggressive development plans and objectives. We are looking for a full stack or front end developer to help realise them. Our pipeline is both exciting and daunting, so we are need of high calibre people to pitch in and help make them happen. We are prepared to be flexible in order to secure the right person.
You will be part of the core team and will have a key role in the development and growth of the company. We are full of passion and drive – if you want to have an impact and be proud of what you do, this is the role for you.
- Continue development of HootLoot website and other related projects
- Taking initiative to produce new features and enhancements
- Coordinate with other developers, designers and other team members
- Advise on relevant technologies and frameworks
- Identify new opportunities and expansion paths
- Work closely with the founders on developing the vision
- Rock solid front end with detailed knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 and responsive web development
- Strong PHP knowledge and experience (as is relevant)
- Industry experience with proven track record of getting projects done
- Mysql databases
- Building, integrating with and scaling APIs
- Experience in banking or finance industry would be highly beneficial
- A passion for building great software and user experiences
- Have a desire to design and build a game changing product
- Love solving problems and creating better ways of doing things
- Strong communication and collaboration/team skills
- Ability to work independently
- Takes initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
Great if you…
- Have a lot of ideas and energy
- Have children (no, we won’t provide them on the job)
- Have experience in native apple / android apps
- Good eye for UI/UX design
- Have experience in children’s apps or products (preferably not from a user’s perspective)
- Have experience in gamification strategies (extensive xbox gameplay doesn’t really count)