We are a small, new and innovative start-up based in Shoreditch looking to disrupt the pre-cleared commercial music licensing scene for online video creators. Our new platform is an e-commerce platform selling digital licences and music to YouTubers, Facebookers, and other video producers.
As such we’re looking for our 1st developer hire to join our team, you’ll be joining us at an exciting and early stage in our journey! Ideally you’ll have 3-4 years experience working in an Agile/Startup environment working with frontend frameworks such a React.js/Angular2.js/Vue.js as well as modern build tools such as Grunt/Gulp. It’d be great if you also have experience with test frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine or even Nightwatch/Behat.
Our initial platform and first launch will be a Laravel Web Application with Twitter Bootstrap and Twig templating as well as Behat for Acceptance Testing. This will provide a solid base for us to launch our API, Mobile Web Apps, Desktop Web Apps, Social Apps & Integrations and more. All of which you’ll be involved with building the user interface for working alongside our CTO.
- 3-4 years experience in frontend development.
- Recent experience with either React.js, Angular.js, Vue.js or other framework.
- Previous experience with Ionic/Cordova in building Mobile Applications and experience with Electron/AppJS useful.
- Comfortable with command line and working with Node.js, NPM and build tools such as Gulp/Grunt and test frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine, Nightwatch.
- Experience in SASS/LESS.
- Confident in working with PHP (Laravel or Symfony frameworks advantageous)
- Understanding of RESTful JSON APIs.
- Security conscious and familiar with OAuth Specifications/Implementations.
- Exposure or experience with Docker helpful.
- Experience with Git a given.
Responsibilities & Contribution
- You’ll be working on our music licensing platform building out and maintaining the various facets we are aiming to build.
- You’ll be unafraid to try new things and push the boundaries. We won’t just be building and maintaining our website but also building 3rd party integrations and HTML5 web applications as well as progressive web applications built with Cordova/Ionic/Electron!
- We’ll be looking for you to suggest and uphold best practice when it comes to frontend development and to keep upto date with technologies and suggest new and effective ways of achieving our goals.
- You’ll be looking to further your career and as the team grows help mentor, train, and lead other members in the development team.
- We expect you to also take pride in your work and pay attention to the small things.
- At this early stage we’re really keen on your input around product, user experience and interface design too.
- It’d also be really great if you LOVE music like we do too or if you’re involved in the online video community!
What we can offer
- Work on a greenfield project with no legacy code to untangle!
- A product that’ll have the feel of apps like Spotify, Deezer, iTunes etc.
- A desk at our cool Shoreditch Offices
- 25 days holiday a year
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Please apply with your CV with a covering letter telling us what you’ve been upto recently with links to your recent projects and Github profile.