About the role:
The DevOps Engineer role would cover the analysis of the delivery process implemented by the applications, and help improving them to streamline and automate, in a way that it would be repeatable and consistent.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for someone to solve challenging business problems, join a high performing team, and to contribute directly to the expansion of our revenue opportunities and delivery efficiency gains for both GFT and our Tier 1 banking clients.
Your principle activities will include:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience of build and release tooling e.g. Apache, Maven, Gradle, Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, TeamCity.
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Further knowledge and experience:
- Experience of agile or DevOps transition – i.e. making agile / DevOps improvements to the software delivery process
- Experience with Test Automation Tools e.g. Selenium or JUnit
- Experience of TDD & BDD
- A ‘can do attitude’ that can embrace difficult situations.
- Can work independently with minimal guidance.
- Able to present findings and analysis in a precise and concise manner.
Drawing on your proven experience you will thrive in our fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Naturally, great communication skills, and inspirational and consultative approach and the drive to deliver above and beyond expectation are essential.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
The GFT Group is represented in twelve countries – and our customers are based in over 30 different countries. With a global team spanning 4,000 employees at our disposal, we’re ready to act whenever and wherever our customers need us. Our interlinked development teams are able to tackle complex projects and respond to individual needs – rapidly, economically and to the utmost standards.