We look for great engineers. We list some technologies below that we expect you to have some knowledge or experience of, but fundamentally we look for people who are passionate about developing great systems.
We’re looking for people who will join us in building a global platform, who are looking to be challenged and who are able to embrace responsibility. We have major projects kicking off all the time and a very ambitious roadmap. Whatever level you are, we are serious about helping you grow in your career and in our commitment to TDD, XP and devops practices.
- Build, support and improve our tools for continuous build, automated testing and release management
- Manage and improve Funding Circle’s release process
- Scale and efficiency is paramount
- Leverage, build and maintain state of the art build tools
- Demonstrable experience in release engineering, devops and / or configuration management
- Demonstrable experience working in a continuous integration / delivery environment.
- Strong familiarity with source code repositories and management tools. Git, Github.
- Strong experience with configuration and deployment management tools e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience deploying to AWS. EC2, VPCs, Cloudformation, RDS, Elasticache.
- Experience in containerisation and schedulers, e.g. Docker, Mesos, Marathon desirable.
- Experience with massaging, preferably Kafka.
- Comfortable on the Linux/Unix command line.
- Skill with one or more scripting languages – Ruby is a must and others e.g. Bash, Python preferable.
- Agile methodology experience (TDD/BDD/XP/Scrum).
- Substantial knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) management, administration and support.
- Experience automating release and build processes, e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience using a testing framework as an integral part of your workflow.
- Excellent communication skills.
We’d love to find out more about you, so send us a link to your Github, Stackoverflow & LinkedIn profile.
Are you driven, energetic, and multi-talented? Do you thrive when challenged to come up with better ways to do things? Do you express yourself and have plenty of ideas, but interested to hear others’ too?
Do you work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done, but know how to enjoy yourself on a Friday night?! If so, we’d like to hear from you.
Please note – you must have proof of eligibility to work in the UK.