An exciting opportunity to be the first hire at a new fintech startup.
We are a startup getting ready to disrupt the world of investing. Freetrade is on a mission: to make investing accessible to everyone. Our product is a mobile app that combines:
- Zero cost stock trading / share dealing for self-directed investing
- A social platform for connecting with independent financial advisors and other
- Much, much more…
You are a polyglot engineer who has experience and interest in computer science and a range of technologies across the stack but happen to be mostly experienced and passionate about building great native mobile apps right now. You care about quality, code craft and take pride in the work you produce. You are hands-on and collaborative. You are a fast learner and are not afraid to work with new technologies and develop a deep understanding of the business domain.
You are keen to work at an early stage fintech startup and understand the pros and cons, risks and rewards of working at a startup versus a more established organisation.
- Work directly with the CTO and other stakeholders to deliver a compelling holistic technical solution taking ownership of and initiative on significant parts of the platform
- Apply your Swift magic to bring designs and prototypes (Sketch/Principle) to life
- Using your experience with Scrum, Kanban and XP: provide input into the backlog, estimate, pick up stories, clarify requirements with relevant stakeholders, take stories to completion and fulfil acceptance criteria with demonstrable proof
- Help deliver an outstanding mobile user experience by applying lean and data-driven design in collaboration with UX
- Work across the stack and the delivery pipeline where needed
A competitive startup salary dependent on experience plus:
- Valuable (pre-seed) equity options
- Unlimited supply of coffee, tea and (if you’re fast enough) biscuits
- Access to the WeWork network, startup community, events and parties
- Flexible working arrangements
- The famous WeWork beer on tap and
- As the first hire, the opportunity to influence and shape other benefits on offer
In addition to aptitude, integrity and diligence we’re looking for a high degree of proven real-world experience needed to build non-trivial consumer facing mobile apps (you have published an app to the App Store)
Your experience should cover a good chunk of the following in order to hit the ground running.
Core skills:iOS 9 (supporting iOS 8.x), Swift 2.x, UIKit, Interface Builder, Auto Layout, Core Animation
Supporting libraries and frameworks:RxSwift (or ReactiveCocoa), AlamoFire, SwiftyJson, Realm.io
Software engineering:GoF design patterns as well as IoC/DI, MVVM
Continuous delivery pipeline:Git, GitHub (pull requests, code reviews), CI for mobile apps eg. BitRise, Crash reporting and beta testing with Fabric.io/Crashlytics (or HockeyApp, TestFlight), preparation and publication to App Store
Testing:Unit testing, UI testing (eg. XCUIKit, Appium)
Others: Analytics (eg. MixPanel, Fabric Answers, Google), Security, Performance (profiling, threading, caching), Accessibility, Internationalisation/Localisation etc.
Server-side: RESTful web services with Python (eg. Flask), Java (eg. Spring Boot), Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Computing
Please be prepared to evidence any claims of experience. References will be checked.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.