From our HQ in Shoreditch, we are building a new platform based on React, Node and Elixir! This new platform will handle the 2 million daily page views we have across our sites helping surface almost 8 billion records.
We are hiring genuine full stack software engineers that want to use React and Node while also getting involved in our Elixir backend development. We recently launched our new frontend across our flagship site with React, Node, GraphQL, Relay and HTML5 in production.
We care about testing our UI using modern testing frameworks like Mocha, Enzyme, JSdom, Cucumber.js and Selenium. We also believe engineers should be empowered to create solutions in an environment where the best idea floats to the top, rather than a top down approach!
We can offer the opportunity to:
- Embrace functional programming, learn and master React, Node, Elixir, Phoenix and others
- Be part of a TDD culture, employing SOLID principles, focussing on design patterns
- Work in a lean agile environment with a flat hierarchy and pairing
- Work on the latest architecture paradigms and technical challenges
- Join a strong DevOps culture and manage our continuous integration and deployment with Teamcity
Besides Elixir, React and Node, we also use technologies such as Apache Solr, Microsoft SQL Server, Riak, Redis, Neo4j, RabbitMQ, etc. We also have a mix of traditional MVC and SPA applications written in ASP.net, Node, React, Angular, Coffeescript.
You are welcome to check out our tech blog: http://tech.findmypast.com
The successful applicants will have:
- At least 3+ years commercial coding experience
- Experience working on scalable web applications, services, APIs or high traffic sites is desirable
- An open mind to being a full stack developer – even if it’s not 50/50 back/front dev!
- Passion for quality (e.g. TDD / BDD) and hunger to be a lifelong learner
We want to build the best tech team in London! Please apply now and come be a part of it.