Your farm in your pocket.
fieldmargin is helping to revolutionise farming. For such an important industry, it’s horribly underserved with useable, beautiful software. We are bringing modern analytics to farming.
We’re working towards a big goal, in a huge market and what we’re making isn’t easy; there are lots of challenges to overcome. The reward for this isn’t simply lucrative – improving farm efficiency helps the world.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Android Developer to join our startup based in Central London. In the first instance, we are developing a web, iOS and Android mapping tool for Farmers and Land Managers. Making notes, taking photos, sharing and collaborating. Bringing farming up to date. Making brilliant, beautiful, useable software.
The product has generated considerable early interest. The two co-founders have created several successful multi-million pound businesses between them. Our offices are based in Clerkenwell. If you like the sound of what we have to offer please send us your CV.
We are a small, fun, respectful team and look forward to growing up with the great culture we already have.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Android developer you will be building and improving the existing fieldmargin Android application. You will help improve the product by using the latest, cutting edge technology;
- Implement new features for Android mobile and tablet application.
- Collaborating with UX designer for new product features.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor other developers (if required).
- Experience developing a product in a startup environment.
- Good Java and Android development knowledge.
- Knowledge of version control systems.
- Applied knowledge of the following development methodologies;
- Restful APIS.
- OAuth2 authentication.
- OOP and SOLID principles.
- TTD and/or BDD.
- Agile (Scrum).
- In-depth experience of developing user interfaces.
- Multiple applications published in the Google Play Store.
Experience using Map SDKs (Mapbox, Google).
Salary £40-60k dependent on skills and experience (we pay properly, though)
Generous Share Options
Lovely bright offices in Clerkenwell with some flexibility to work from home.
Reminder: ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES