Farmdrop is growing quickly. We’re looking for a talented, experienced, sensible and creative Software Test Engineer to help lead the business forward.
Farmdrop represents a new economic approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food at lower prices, and smaller scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms. Our mission is to Fix The Food Chain, something we plan to do by providing Londoners with their best food retail experience in 2016 before scaling further afield in 2017. Our supporters include London foodies Gizzi Erskine and Tommi Miers, we work closely with the Soil Association and have been backed by the entrepreneurs behind Asos, Love Film, Zoopla, and Street Car. As of February 2016 we received a £3M investment from Atomico. Farmdrop founder Ben Pugh has been shortlisted for the Bloomberg 2016 Innovation award for changing the environment.
Our tech team
The team is currently composed of five full-stack engineers and a product manager. We have a great office in Bermondsey and we are generally colocated there. However, we’re pretty flexible in terms of time and space. What we care about is getting the job done.
We’re “agile with a small a” – we do daily standups, we have a scrum board, we pair when it makes sense to pair, and we’ve burned all gantt charts. It’s a pragmatic process that’s working well for us, but we’re tweaking it all the time and you would be part of that. We generally “do the right thing” (TDD, constant refactoring, pairing, pull requests and so on) but the need to deliver features quickly stops us from being dogmatic.
Our tech stack at the moment is based around:
Our test stack at the moment is based around:
As a key member of a small, fast-moving company, you will have a lot of autonomy, creativity and impact, getting involved at all levels of the product lifecycle. There’s very little in the way of donkey-work – we’re constantly evolving our product, building key features and taking big decisions that will affect the business for years to come. You would be a central part of moving our software stack forward at every level, working in a small team of capable and friendly developers who love building great software. If we can promise anything, it’s that you’ll learn a lot!
You are an experienced Software Test Engineer with proven expertise in building world-class e-commerce solutions.
You bring experience in:
- Being a hands-on technical tester
- Testing e-commerce, mobile and back-office web applications
- Specifying and implementing sane qa and testing frameworks
- Writing bdd, functional, negative, regression, integration and acceptance tests
- Monitoring applications and software systems
- Stress, performance and scalability testing
- Working with the product owner to elaborate requirements and documenting these
- Using automated testing tools such as Selenium, WebDriver, JMeter, Fit/FitNesse, Soap UI, Watir and similar tools
- Working in an agile/scrum environment
Other qualities we prize are:
- A willingness to experiment with, and drive the adoption of, new technology and approaches that might help us.
- A willingness to take responsibility (currently everyone deploys to production, everyone fixes urgent bugs).
- An ability to think creatively.
- An ability to teach, and learn from, others and to work collaboratively.
- An ability to provide leadership and mentoring where required.
- An ability to work with non-technical staff to understand and refine complex requirements.
- A track record of efficiency and self-discipline.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a startup would definitely be a big plus.
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for Farmdrop’s vision of making the world a slightly better place.
We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. It’s not what you’d get working for a bank, but on the plus side… you won’t be working for a bank 🙂
You also get options, plus lots of nice food. We have a kitchen and a nice big table we all fit around for lunch.