Farmdrop is growing quickly after our recent £3m investment from Atomico. We’re looking for a talented, experienced, sensible and creative Full Stack Engineer to help lead the business forward.
We’re on a mission to fix the food chain by making it easier and more enjoyable for people to buy amazing food direct from local producers online. This means we give producers a bigger slice of the pie, so they can make their delicious food, run viable businesses and invest in sustainable production. We are supported by many in the food and farming communities and backed by the entrepreneurs that started Asos, Love Film, Zoopla, and Street Car.
Our tech team
The team is currently composed of five full-stack engineers and a product manager. We have a great office in Bermondsey and we are generally colocated there. However, we’re pretty flexible in terms of time and space. What we care about is getting the job done.
We’re “agile with a small a” – we do daily standups, we have a scrum board, we pair when it makes sense to pair, and we’ve burned all gantt charts. It’s a pragmatic process that’s working well for us, but we’re tweaking it all the time and you would be part of that. We generally “do the right thing” (TDD, constant refactoring, pairing, pull requests and so on) but the need to deliver features quickly stops us from being dogmatic.
Our tech stack at the moment is based around:
As a key member of a small, fast-moving company, you will have a lot of autonomy, creativity and impact, getting involved at all levels of the product lifecycle. There’s very little in the way of donkey-work – we’re constantly evolving our product, building key features and taking big decisions that will affect the business for years to come. You would be a central part of moving our software stack forward at every level, working in a small team of capable and friendly developers who love building great software. If we can promise anything, it’s that you’ll learn a lot!
Ideally, you are an experienced Full-stack Engineer with proven expertise in building world-class e-commerce solutions.
If you’re short some experience we’d still like to hear from you. Most of all you’re the kind of person who is an unstoppable learning machine.
Other qualities we prize are:
- A willingness to experiment with, and drive the adoption of, new technology and approaches that might help us.
- A willingness to take responsibility (currently everyone deploys to production, everyone fixes urgent bugs).
- An ability to think creatively.
- An ability to teach, and learn from, others and to work collaboratively.
- An ability to provide leadership and mentoring where required.
- An ability to work with non-technical staff to understand and refine complex requirements.
- A track record of efficiency and self-discipline.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a startup would definitely be a big plus.An appreciation and enthusiasm for Farmdrop’s vision of making the world a slightly better place.
We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. It’s not what you’d get working for a bank, but on the plus side… you won’t be working for a bank 🙂
You also get options, plus lots of nice food. We have a kitchen and a nice big table we all fit around for lunch.