Who we are:
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes over 400 independent fashion boutiques across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, LA, Porto, Guimaraes, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our new luxury office space is set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer ‘brilliant benefits’, free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team.
FOR THE TECH REVOLUTIONARIES. THE ONES WHO SEE THE FUTURE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Our world class Technology team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on Product, UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our two head offices in London and Porto. Working across 3 main verticals, Front Office , Backoffice and Mobile they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
FOR THE BOLD. THE ONES WHO CHALLENGE CONVENTION AND DARE TO DREAM.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Mobile Designer to join our skilled Mobile team responsible for the delivery all of consumer facing mobile products. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Lead Mobile Designer and Digital Design Manager to champion digital design and deliver expert visual solutions across all of our native mobile products. You will work with POs/UX Designers and UI developers to design and create for innovative business opportunities and you will be part of a wider team dedicated to providing the best mobile app experience for our global customer base.
What You’ll do:
- Work with the Lead Digital Designer to help plan and deliver the mobile product roadmap
- Assist Managers in organising feedback sessions, building a culture of design critiques
- Work with autonomy to inform the business/POs of innovative opportunities supported by BI insights
- Cross-pollinate design and innovative ideas across workstreams / verticals
- Collaborate with User Experience designers and UI developers to improve the user experience of all mobile products
- Translate business requirements and customer needs into effortless experiences and usable features for iOS and Android
- Identify current areas of improvement by analysing our current designs and developing solutions suitable across iOS and Android platforms
- Evaluate existing designs against recognised mobile design patterns and propose improvements
- Visually design and develop beautiful, clean interfaces across mobile products
Who You Are:
- A strong background designing effective user interfaces for native apps
- Extensive experience designing for iOS and Android platforms
- Hands on experience designing clean, beautiful interfaces for a variety of mobile/tablet products
- Expert knowledge of UI mobile design methodologies and iOS/Android patterns
- Familiar with an agile work environment
- Fundamental understanding of typography, iconography and composition
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC/Sketch or relevant design software
- Good understanding of interaction/prototyping tools
- Excellent communication skills and confident at presenting
- Enthusiastic, driven and excellent communication skills