Who are we:
We make simple, beautiful digital tools that make the complicated field of death and dying accessible and meaningful. Right now we’re making the world’s best will-writer.
Part legal-tech, part design-led taboo buster, we’re blowing the cobwebs off a dreary and outdated industry and helping our users die better deaths.
Based in Bethnal Green, we’re a well funded lean team of fast-learners who love what we do. This is an unusual, fascinating, sometimes sad, sometimes hilarious area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge; not just a technical one, we’d love to meet you.
Our current stack includes Node and Meteor apps/services hosted on Heroku, MongoDB for our database, and React with Stylus on the front-end. We also make use of services like Cloudflare, AWS S3, Mandrill, Github and CircleCI in production/during development.
Who are you:
We’re looking for a JS developer to take our product and company from beta to game-changing industry leader.
Working alongside the co-founders and Product Owner in a tight-knit team, you’ll be working across the stack, taking ideas and designs and interpreting them into real tools.
You’ll have a big impact on our architecture and roadmap, adapting as our customer base grows while always delivering a delightful experience for our users. You’ll take a huge amount of pride in your own and the team’s work.
More about you…
- Tenacious to see solutions through to implementation and keen to iterate to make outstanding user experiences
- Curious and eager to learn continuously from a variety of sources: github, stack overflow, books, team members, meetups etc
- You’ll enjoy writing human readable, clear code autonomously as well as in pairs crafting JS to make modern web apps
- Comfortable with JS testing frameworks, we use Mocha
- Ideally, but not necessarily, you’ll have dabbled or have a strong interest in React, Redux, Lodash, Node, modern JS (ES6, Promises etc) and have experience scaling web applications using AWS/Heroku.
What we offer:
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to millions of people’s lives and deaths
- Influence and have an impact inside a well funded startup that’s scaling
- Work alongside other talented and friendly folk who are keen to learn and improve skills We regularly hold breakfast talks, in recent weeks… Quantum Mechanics, Geometry, Branding, Testing…)
- Pick your own kit (we’re Mac users but happy to provide what you’re most comfortable using
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- Boris bike key
What we can’t offer/might make us a bad fit for you:
- Mega salaries – we’re lean here so if you’re looking for a £100k salary we can’t afford you
- A place to coast. We need proactive people who want to make great things, and expect fantastic quality output
If you feel these match with what you want to be doing now, or in the future, then apply here to get in touch! We’d love to share more about what we’re building and hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.