The Hotels.com Platform group provides capabilities for our technology organization to effectively deliver and operate the software powering the multi-billion dollar Hotels.com website and its white-label affiliates. As we look to boost our capabilities into 2017 and beyond, we are looking for an experienced Software Development manager to join the Platform group and help us to achieve our technology and business goals.
The nature of the role is dynamic and complex. You will be part of our Technology organisation and will have frequent and significant exposure to the Hotels.com executive team. You will interact extensively with other Hotels.com and Expedia, Inc. teams to drive the evolution of the Hotels.com platform. There is great potential for career development within Hotels.com and Expedia.
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- You’ll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to builda supportive,collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world’s biggest travel company
- We loveopen source and actively participate in the community
- We do hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and creative
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a lovely,comfortable office in a nice, central part of London
Your Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with various groups within the Hotels.com Technology organisation, such as Architecture, QA and various development teams, to establish and implement a strategy for evolving the Hotels.com Platform to meet the growing business and technical needs associated with delivering a world class product.
- Directly manage the day-to-day delivery activities of one or more development teams.
- Lead the delivery of the team roadmaps including all activities required to ship platform capabilities and continuously iterate on them.
- Work parts to ensure that backlogs of development teams are in good shape to enable effective delivery.
- Support the rollout of new platform capabilities.
- Guide development teams to appropriately profile and monitor their components.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be comfortable conversing with all areas of the Hotels.com business, from executive partners to developers.
- Exude the energy, momentum and drive required to deliver complex platform solutions.
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders to ensure the right functionality is delivered at the right time.
- Display structured, pragmatic thinking when proposing technical solutions.
- Be able to provide technical mentorship to the delivery teams, and explain design decisions and trade-offs to partners.
- Have successfully managed both on and off shore development teams.
- Work with an iterative, agile and continuous delivery mind set.
- Have kept your technology knowledge up to date, and be familiar with the latest developments and trends in the open source world e.g. containerisation (Docker), scheduling (Kubernetes), Go, Java…
- Have experience delivering the capabilities and effecting the cultural changes required to successfully shift an organization towards devops.
- c.£75K salary plus travel allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare, flex bens
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.