At Hotels.com not only do we LOVE TRAVEL, we LOVE TECHNOLOGY! As a Continuous Deployment Performance Engineer within our Tech team, you will support the QA function within Hotels.com.
You should be passionate about QA and have proficient and proven experience in continuous delivery/deployment. You will be brimming with enthusiasm and have brilliant ideas.
Your role will see you working with and supporting delivery teams to:
- promote CI performance testing, including concepts and benefits
- establish requirements and the methodology required to on-board their components for CI performance testing
- review all performance test activities, e.g. write tests, test execution, collect metrics, create and manage testing schedules, report problems, report results, documentation etc. Competencies
- Advise/Consult on performance practices and processes
- Have an aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
- Be be committed to quality delivery
- Be a collaborator, happy to share ideas and vision
- Have a keen interest in performance technology
- Be an outgoing team player, able to contribute to team success
We’re looking for knowledge and experience in:
- Continuous Delivery/Deployment
- Continuous integration; Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins
- Distributed version control systems; Bitbucket, GIT, Stash
- Servers; Apache, Tomcat
- OS; Linux, Windows
- Performance tools; Gatling, JMeter, LoadRunner, loadUI
- Monitoring; Grafana, Graphite, HP Diagnostics, HP Sitescope, Nagios, Zabbix
- Protocol (client/server side); Ajax, Java, LDAP, ODBC, Web (HTTP/HTML), Web Services
- Scripting; Bash, Shell
- JVM performance monitoring and tuning
- Debugging/logging tools; Cassandra Query Profiling/Tracing, dynaTrace, Fiddler, log4j, MS SQL Profiler, mySQL Profiler, JMC, J-Console, Yourkit
- Ability to quantify performance bottlenecks spanning potentially multiple physical and logical components
- Testing methodologies; Agile (BDD, ATDD, FDD ,TDD)
- Defect management; JIRA Qualifications:
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent practical qualification
- Programming; Groovy, JAVA, SCALA
- Distributed database management systems; Cassandra, MongoDB, SQL
- Cloud or as a service model; AWS, BlazeMeter, NeuStar, SOASTA
- Client side performance testing; WEBPAGETEST
- c.£60K salary plus travel allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare, flex bens
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travellers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines. Please visit www.expediainc.com to learn more about our travel brands.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.