The online travel market never stands still. The opportunity is huge and the competition fierce. At Hotels.com, we’re in the thick of it. We live and breathe travel. Our technology team is insanely passionate about using the best technology and processes to give our customers the best possible experience finding hotels for their business or leisure travel needs. We want them to feel the same passion for travel that we do.
Why build your career at Hotels.com?
- You’ll get to work with spectacular people on the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world’s biggest travel company
- We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
- We do hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and innovative
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of London
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
- Strong leadership capabilities ensuring a highly performing and engaged team
- Passion, creativity, deep expertise, openness, flexibility and drive. Practicality and common sense are essential
- Focused on moving the business forward. We don’t just build software for its own sake (notwithstanding deep appreciation of the craft). We build it to help our customers find the right hotel, every time
- We want you to have a keen interest in the business, not just a given technical problem; understanding the big picture and how your work fits into it
Hotels.com is seeking a Software Development Manager to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Reporting to a Technology Director, this position will have management, delivery, and technical responsibility for several delivery teams across multiple locations focused on designing, implementing, and maintaining solutions related to features related to customer data, personalisation, machine learning and customer relationship management functions.
These teams work primarily with Java-based web services, Cassandra, Kafka, and Redis. Most components owned by these teams are fully integrated with our CI/CD pipeline with near 100% test automation coverage. With these solid technical foundations, the teams find new challenges in how to deliver brilliant capabilities to better engage our customers based on the information we learn from their interactions with us. Brilliant technical challenges abound!
- Lead software delivery teams in London and Hungary
- Develop skills and experience of team members and actively support their career growth
- Empower your teams to own their domain
- Collaborate with the Product team to ensure tight alignment of shared goals
- Cultivate and promote creative thinking and freedom of your teams
- Drive agile development methodologies daily
- Strive to continuously improve the operations, processes, methodologies, technology choices and practices within your team
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and quality requirements that will delight your Product Owner and their stakeholders
- Manage complex and/or unique technology projects and initiatives across Hotels.com
- Focus on continually evolving towards faster cycles, pushing business impacting functionality to market quicker
- Work with other teams within Expedia Inc. to deliver cross-group projects
- Ensure features deployed have technical integrity and stability
- Engage in concept discussions, and proposed technology solutions, to meet business objectives
- Work with cross-functional project teams on solution architecture options for design
- Ensure your teams adhere to high technical standards to deliver secure, resilient, performant, and scalable solutions
- Possess strong strategic and analytical skills
- Possess strong leadership skills in attracting, retaining and developing tech talent and proven ability to successfully lead growing teams
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Empower teams to successfully deliver large scale projects as a team leader
- Have demonstrable experience of successfully managing both on and off shore development teams
- Be able to provide technical guidance to the delivery teams and explain design decisions and trade-offs to business partners
- Have the ability to build strong and useful relationships across large technology organisations
- Have previous experience working on customer facing websites, preferably e-commerce
- Have experience with open-source technologies
- c.£75K salary plus travel allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare, flex bens
About Expedia, Inc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
Please visit www.expediainc.com to learn more about our travel brands.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.