We are looking for a technical leader with domain experience in iOS app development. They will have the pleasure of working with a talented team of developers, testers, tech leads, designers, product owners, and data analysts. We expect this leader to provide technical and management expertise while collaborating with everyone on the wider team and all levels of leadership to execute on tactical and operational goals.
In this role, you will be a leader, influencer, and contributor across our entire technology team. This leader will also be closely managing and driving engineering best practices with an eye for efficiency for product development and engineering teams.
- Work well with our team
- Help ship our apps
- Drive ongoing improvements to our apps, tools, and processes
- Recruit, hire and ramp up skilled software developers and testers
- Manage daily team activities as well as delivery of features, fixes and app releases
- Serve as a technical escalation point for your team and internal customers
- Communicate clearly and effectively with our business customers, suppliers and partners
- Contribute to team agility
- Effective collaboration with our partners, analysts, developers and support teams to implement technical requirements
- Build consensus in a large organization across diverse teams to reach compromises and drive adoption of recommendations
- Participate in brainstorming with architects and developers
- Mentor engineering teams by guiding engineering standards and system architecture
- Present technical issues and cross-organizational impact to leadership
- Effectively build and maintain a network of key contacts across the company and use those contacts to achieve results
- Drive your team to innovate and deliver roadmap features with agility and high quality Qualifications
- Excellent written English
- Understands programming inside & outside the Apple ecosystem
- Professional attitude and experience
- Passion in leading people and teams
- Significant technical experience building and shipping iOS apps
- Proven leadership skills including: effective oral and written communication, team building, performance management, issue resolution, negotiation, motivating others, forecasting, organising and planning
- Able to work independently, exercising sound judgment while handling multiple priorities
- An ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools
- Familiarity with modern version control
- One or more apps in Apple’s App Store
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo) Work Experience & Education Guidelines
- Prior success contributing to a large iOS app
- Proven track record of leading and influencing teams in design, development, and maintenance
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them build their skillsets and progress their careers
- No educational requirements
- Drive for Results
- Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Strategy Execution
- Develops goals, ideas, and initiatives that improve the organization’s performance, manage costs, and lead change at all levels.
- Build & Maintain Teams
- Encourages, motivates, and guides individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness, and develops and improves individual, team, and organizational performance.
- Written & Spoken Communications, Listening, and Influencing
- Conveys, receives, and interprets ideas and information, presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences partner decisions.
- Relationship Management
- Establishes and builds healthy working relationships with external partners, as well as internal point of sale partners and key stakeholders.
- c.£75K salary plus travel allowance, bonus, pension, healthcare, flex bens
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.