The technical operations team within EAN are the experts in building the infrastructure and maintaining the applications that make up our business. We are mainly systems administrators, but also spend some time as application architects and designers with some opportunities to develop supporting software. We operate in a 24×7 support rotation from 6 locations in the UK and the US, we’re the team at the end of the phone for when things go askew, and we’re the team that puts it right again. As an experienced Devops operator you will engage with the product at every stage, from design, through testing and then into production and support. You will support the business in delivering a top class customer experience to our partners around the globe by ensuring maximum operability of our systems. Uptime, response time and customer responsiveness are paramount.
You will need a broad skill set, able to support build, release, monitoring, performance analysis and troubleshooting, all this across a range of hardware systems, batch processes, applications, network devices and databases. You will need to stay abreast of current technologies and contribute and participate in the analysis and recommendation of new strategies and/or technologies. What you get is to join a small, fun and dynamic organization with fabulous benefits and growth potential.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure that supports our applications in both cloud environments and traditional datacenter installations
- Maintain, support, monitor and document infrastructure components
- Support and engage (agile/scrum) with internal teams to implement requirements
- Liaise with the global operations team and produce troubleshooting guides to ensure effective out-of-hours support
- Support the 24×7 operations environment by working nights and weekends as necessary. This is an on-call position.
- Maintain compliance with environmental security and trustworthy computing policies
- Work with Incident Management and other teams to quickly manage and resolve complex issues and outages
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- An ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools.
- Excellent team player.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment.
- Manage multiple priorities and communicate effectively with stakeholders
Experience and Qualification:
- 5 years of experience within a relevant technical position
- Linux (CentOS 6/7, RHEL) in an enterprise environment
- Exposure to Orchestration/Configuration Management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, or Puppet).
- One or more Enterprise Java Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD 2.x, Apache Tomcat 6/7/8 (Java 1.6/1.7/1.8), Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Ruby, Python)
- Networking OSI model (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Routing) — Knowledge of web technologies and protocols to troubleshoot live site issues
- An understanding of security fundamentals as they pertain to ecommerce application environments.
- Exposure to Virtualization and/or Cloud Computing Concepts
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies, such Citrix Netscalers, preferred
- Knowledge of Java development, GC, and JMX metrics preferred