Launched in 2012, we’re a growing EdTech business helping parents across the UK support their child’s learning journey. We help thousands of children aged 5 to 16 with maths, English and science. We believe every parent should have access to quality educational support that effectively helps their child succeed. As parent champions, our mission is to be the most trusted partner for parents with the the biggest impact on a child’s education. We’re looking to build on the great success we’ve had to date and want you to be part of it.
You’ll join a small, friendly team based in Clerkenwell.
About the role
As our Lead Developer you will have responsibility for maintaining and leading the full stack development of our product, including our PHP website and web services and our native iOS app. You’ll set EdPlace’s technology agenda and help us deliver our product roadmap at high quality, identifying new opportunities for improvement and innovation along the way. Most of all you’ll be helping children learn by using the best technology available.
You’ll manage the relationship with our offshore development team of two dedicated PHP developers plus QC, front end and iOS resources and we’ll expect you to lead the recruitment and development of a small internal engineering team in the near future. In other words, you’ll have complete strategic control but won’t be expected to write every single line of code.
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty or try new things. Maybe you’ll want to rebuild some of what we already have or introduce new technology into the stack. We’re interested in machine learning, mobile frameworks, data visualisation and chat bots right now but you’ll have plenty of ideas of your own and have the vision and ability to deliver these.
As well as our public-facing services you will be responsible for improving our operational systems – reporting, analytics and payments – ensuring that they run smoothly and securely.
You will have overall responsibility for our AWS infrastructure, supported by IT resource at our offshore partner, including performance and security.
You will work closely with our marketing team, helping to define campaigns from a technical perspective and seeking out opportunities to improve customer conversion and retention. You’ll support our customer support team, helping to resolve problems for the thousands of parents who rely on our service.
This role is a leadership position and you’ll work closely with both our CEO and CMO. As well as being a first class technologist you’ll be able to hold your own in discussions about product and business development. You’ll be a self-starter, a problem solver and have great attention to detail.
You’ll definitely have:
- Deep knowledge (5+ years at a senior level) of PHP/MySQL plus at least one other language (Python, Ruby, C# etc.)
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (we aren’t using one right now but one of your jobs is likely to include introducing one)
- Knowledge and experience of build and deploy processes (Git, Jenkins etc)
- The ability to pick the right language and the right tools for the job, even if that means trying something new
- Sound knowledge of AWS or other cloud infrastructure service including cloud databases, containerisation and object storage (e.g. S3)
- Knowledge of payment systems (ideally including Chargify and/or Stripe)
- Knowledge and experience with security best practice
- A willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Experience of working in an agile environment (Kanban, Scrum, XP etc)
- Experience using a project management tool/issue tracker (ideally JIRA)
- Enthusiasm for and belief in EdPlace’s mission
- A willingness to pitch in across the whole organisation
- A sense of humour
It would be nice if you have some or all of:
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks and tools (Bootstrap, Angular, D3 etc)
- Experience in e-commerce, particularly subscription billing
- Experience in a small business or start-up
- Experience of working on product development
- Knowledge of the education sector or of child-centred products
- Experience working with (and probably refactoring/rewriting some of) a legacy codebase
- Experience with Objective C or Swift and/or cross platform frameworks (Xamarin, React Native etc)
- Working knowledge of application performance monitoring (e.g New Relic)
The EdPlace Way
Our values run through everything we do here at EdPlace.
- Problem Solve: We don’t settle for ‘this is how it has always been done’ or ‘no that can’t be done’. We look for solutions.
- Results-focussed: We work towards clear actions to get results.
- Helpful and supportive: We’re a small team, so it’s important to help and support one another to make EdPlace the best it can be.
- Adaptive: We ensure we’re adapting to the needs of our customers and quick to respond.
- We care: We take pride in helping parents support their child’s education.
If reading this gets you excited, we’d love to hear from you.