As a Front End Developer you will be an important asset to the company and your personal growth will be part of your main goals. You main responsibility will be to write client side code to create fast, easy to use, high volume production applications. You will help shape our vision for a streamlined, beautiful way to engineer living organisms and hack biology to do amazing things. Our experts will train you in biology, and you may even participate in conferences and hackathons to grow your skills and reputation.
Who are you?
- Able to follow established code standards and style guidelines
- In the habit of writing good documentation
- Fluent in English
- Curious, adventurous and fun with a strong passion for development (both software and personal)
Experience or exposure to the following would be an advantage:
- Vue.js or similar Reactive frameworks
- Node & npm
- Git or similar versioning systems
- An eye for good UX or SEO
- Flux or other data-driven app architectures
- TDD / unit and browser testing
- Biology and genetics background helpful, but not required
Your main responsibilities:
- Produce testable, modular, high quality code
- Review code produced by other team members
- Design and implement intricate systems and user workflows under tight deadlines
- Communicate clearly and consistently with other engineers as well as product owners and designers
- Participate in product and technology design sessions
What we offer you:
- Fun, friendly and diverse environment
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology that will have a major impact on biological research
- Encouragement and resources for personal growth
- Work side by side with scientists; be trained and learn cutting-edge biology
- Great location & office to work, surrounded by coffee shops and street food!
This is a high-tech startup in the located in the heart of Tech City off Brick Lane. Our office is a small group of close friends who enjoy to work hard but understand the need to enjoy life. Our technology works with some of the most cutting-edge biology today. We do not need a lot of experience, but we do need a real techie, someone who loves to code. We only want the best-of-the-best. So if you have a strong desire to learn and grow, submit your CV with a cover letter.