Who we are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone’s home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate riders , and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world’s best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience.
We work with hundreds of the UK’s best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems . Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together is what makes working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
What we do
Product design at Deliveroo takes centre stage.
Our mission is to build the best food delivery experience in the industry. To do this, we design, build and maintain a range of apps for our customers, drivers, restaurants and internal teams – all of which are mission critical to our company’s operations. We’re a small but effective team that supports the entire business across multiple countries in delivering a fantastic Deliveroo experience that is unique and delightful every step along the journey, and ensure that we reach both new and existing customers in a way that is effective and memorable.
We’re looking for a smart, tenacious and detailed Senior User Researcher to join our growing team. Working directly with our product team you will be helping them to learn about how we can better serve our users, not only in the UK but across all 12 countries we currently operate in.
As a User Researcher on our London-based team, you will:
- Plan and execute field research, surveys, user interviews, diary studies and usability tests to understand how we can serve our users better
- Work with our product analysts in identifying trends and patterns in user behaviour to support and aid your research
- Turn your insights into recommendations and actions
- Work with the team on challenging, validating and iterating on wireframes and visual designs to ensure insights generated by your research are being considered in our design decisions
- Support the entire design team in setting a common standard for how design is done at Deliveroo
- Be exposed to the whole business, in an environment where your ideas count
- Contribute to a learning organisation: you’ll help define how we work together, and how we build a great product
- A stash of kangaroo GIFs (cat GIFs tolerated).
- Top-notch kit – we’ll get you what you need or you can bring your own
- Eat great food. Yes, there’ll be lots of it.
- Tech and food events with the team.
- Gym membership. Probably important in a food company.
- Swag! You’d better like kangaroos though.
- You’re encouraged to share what you learn and talk about your work, be it as a blog post or at conferences and meetups
- Design how people everywhere order great food every day – we think that’s pretty exciting!
- Did we mention there’s food?
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.