Deliveroo delivers food to hungry customers in 12 countries and over 110 cities. To ensure continued success and international growth, we seek interdisciplinary machine learning experts who can solve mission critical routing and scheduling problems at or beyond the cutting edge of current optimisation theory, while also developing and incorporating sophisticated forecasting and recommender system models.
As a Senior Data Scientist / Applied Machine Learning Expert, you will:
- Bring a combination of mathematical and scientific rigour, innovative thinking, and a hunger to build machines that impact the bottom line through prediction and control.
- Learn, develop, and apply new techniques in the intersection of math, probability, and optimisation.
- Rigorously and efficiently translate unstructured, complex business problems into practical, powerful model and algorithm solutions.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers.
Some examples of the problems you might tackle in your new role:
- How can we solve dynamic, sequential routing problems whose complexity is at or beyond the cutting edge of current theory?
- How do we most effectively combine routing algorithms with demand forecasting models, rider availability models, and restaurant scheduling models?
- How do we combine recommender systems with logistics algorithms in order to steer demand in a way that optimises logistical efficiency while delighting customers?
Deliveroo is a data-driven organisation:
The improved algorithms you develop will be A/B tested quickly and rigorously and you will have direct, measurable impact to the bottom line.
- PhD or MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or related quantitative field.
- Proven track record of leveraging data to solve real-world problems at industry scale.
- Strong background in machine learning using unsupervised and supervised methods (strong skills with some form of regression/classification required).
- 5+ years of research or industry experience.
- Experience with integer optimization, time series modeling, recommender systems, computational advertising, and experiment design would be a plus.
- Top-notch kit. We’ll get you a shiny new Macbook, big monitor and everything else you need.
- Eat great food.
- Tech and food events with the team.
- Gym membership (if in London). Probably important in a food company.
- Swag! You’d better like kangaroos though.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.