Who we are:
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone’s home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world’s best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK’s best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
What we do:
As a logistics company, our software is used to coordinate the transport of physical goods and solve real-world problems. Our automated order dispatch system and logistics apps allow for real-time coordination between consumers, restaurants and drivers to remove slow human think-time and inefficient information discovery from every interchange point in the order processing workflow so food deliveries can be fulfilled as quickly as possible.
Our current total order fulfilment time — from the time that a customer submits an order until they are physically handed their meal by a Deliveroo driver — is, on average, less than 30 minutes, and we continue to optimise our technology so we can do better.
Our consumer iOS app is regularly featured on the App Store home page and was chosen as one of Apple’s Best Apps of 2015.
- You’ll work as part of our small but rapidly growing product team building robust, maintainable and beautiful iOS applications for our customers and our riders.
- To do this, you’ll need a deep understanding of the iOS platform and Apple’s Human Interface Design Guidelines, along with a pragmatic approach to programming and a love of well-crafted code.
- You’ll relish the challenges of working in a fast-paced, growing team. We’re looking for people who enjoy tackling problems collaboratively and working closely with designers and QA engineers to create polished solutions.
Why work for Deliveroo?
- We’re a well funded and rapidly growing company that’s rolling out internationally as we speak with a great product and solid business model.
- You’ll work alongside, teach and learn from a product team that have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- Based in a great Central London location but have flexibility to work from home when it makes sense.
- Be part of a team in its early stages and help shape the way we build product as we grow.
- Highly competitive salaries for the right people.
- Pride in readable, well-designed code.
- Expert knowledge of Objective-C.
- Expert knowledge of core iOS frameworks.
- Knowledge of design patterns commonly used in iOS development.
- Experience with unit tests and architecting testable code.
- Great communication skills and evidence of successful collaboration with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- An eye for good design and intuitive user experiences.
- Experience working collaboratively on a codebase and openly discussing pull requests.
- A willingness to try things and iterate.
- Top-notch kit. We’ll get you a shiny new Macbook, big monitor and everything else you need.
- Eat great food.
- Tech and food events with the team.
- Gym membership (if in London). Probably important in a food company.
- Swag! You’d better like kangaroos though.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.