Who we are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone’s home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world’s best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK’s best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
What we do
As a logistics company, our software is used to transport physical goods and solve real-world problems. We handle rapid decisions about dispatching drivers in real-time and remove slow human think-time and inefficient information discovery from every interchange point in the order processing workflow so food deliveries can be fulfilled as quickly as possibly. Our current total order fulfillment time from the time that the customer submits an order until they receive their meal is, on average, 32 minutes, although we know we can do better.
You’ll work as part of our small but rapidly growing product team (like Dan, VP of Engineering, Simon, Head of design and, Marty, full-stack engineer) building top robust, maintainable and beautiful interfaces for a number of our products from deliveroo.co.uk, which serves our customers, to the applications used by our restaurants and customer support staff.
Additionally, to ensure that our UIs have the polish that our users expect you’ll have a very keen attention to detail and be able to work iteratively with our designers. We don’t just want someone to turn JPEGs into HTML, we want you to be part of the creative process to make sure that our interfaces don’t just look nice but work well for our users.
Why work for Deliveroo?
- We’re a well funded and rapidly growing company that’s rolling out internationally as we speak with a great product and solid business model.
- You’ll work alongside, teach and learn from a product team that have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- Based in a great Central London location but have flexibility to work from home when it makes sense.
- Be part of a team in its early stages and help shape the way we build product as we grow.
- Highly competitive salaries for the right people.
- Experience building responsive UIs on the web that are both maintainable and robust
- Knowledge of testing techniques applied to web UIs (for example, Webdriver, WebPageTest)
- A broad knowledge of the web platform as a whole (HTTP, web performance, web security, frameworks)
- Great communication skills and evidence of successful collaboration with designers and backend engineers
- Some knowledge of Ruby on Rails and React, our current web stack
- In depth knowledge of web performance, accessibility or complementary skillsets
- Experience with Google Maps, OpenStreetMaps, or other geography visualisation applications.
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we’ll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- Eat great food.
- If you’re remote, that’s a good reason to come to the office regularly!
- If not, watch that waistline ^_^
- Tech and food events with the team.
- Gym membership (if in London). Probably important in a food company.
- Swag! You’d better like kangaroos though.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.