Who we are
We’re in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone’s home or office – fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world’s best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don’t want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
We work with hundreds of the UK’s best loved restaurants along with renowned local gems such as to enable them to open up a valuable new revenue stream. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are!
The only thing faster than our deliveries is the growth rate of our company. We’re increasing in business scale and organizational size at a blisteringly fast rate, and keeping it all together and making everything click are at the heart of what make working at Deliveroo a thrilling experience. If you want to make a difference, and you’re passionate about food, come on board and join the ride.
What we do
We combine all the excitement of both a consumer company and a logistics company. Our software is used by customers at home and on the move to select, place, and track their orders and get a fantastic dining experience. It also enables a vast network of restaurants and drivers while handling algorithms which make rapid decisions about driver dispatch and order assignment. The challenge of providing the best end-to-end service keeps our minds as well fed as our bodies.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced QA professional to help us create and run processes that will maintain extremely high levels of quality across our consumer and internal facing applications. You’ll be embedded with one of our full stack product teams alongside our designers, product managers and engineers and be heavily involved in the full feature creation process in order to ensure that we are finding and reporting issues which will then be turned into automated test cases by our engineers.
As a QA Tester you will:
- Work as an embedded member of one of our product teams alongside great people like Greg (our CTO), Dan (our VP Eng), Simon (Head of design), Marty (full-stack engineer), or Julien (backend engineer).
- Understand new features in great depth and be part of planning from inception
- Create and carry out test plans which result in detailed and actionable bug reports
- Identify trends in reported incidents over time and work with the team to mitigate these issues in the future
- Report on levels of quality and product readiness
- Help shape the QA processes used by the entire product team
- Solid experience in a software testing role – preferably testing consumer Android, iOS and/or web products
- Knowledge and experience of implementing established testing methodologies within an agile workflow (continous
- Incredible attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in diagnostics of technical issues, for instance, examining API responses and debug information
- Knowledge of iOS, Android and/or web development
- Experience of working with testing tools and environments such as Webdriver, KIF or Expresso
- Top-notch kit. Bring your own or we’ll get you a shiny new Macbook and stuff.
- Eat great food (We do test the product very regularly, watch that waistline ^_^)
- Tech and food events with the team.
- Gym membership. Probably important in a food company.
- Swag! You’d better like kangaroos though.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.