Winter is coming…
… for the insurance industry. The next big area within finance to get disrupted, insurance is ripe for innovation and and Cuvva is starting with car insurance.
Ever thought the premium pay for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is.
At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, in a couple of taps of a screen. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own platform to distribute insurance on mobile.
Cuvva is a tech-driven insurance start-up changing the way people engage with their insurance company, the way they buy insurance, and the way they think about owning a car. Cuvva is well funded, has recently completed the Barclays/Techstars fintech accelerator and will be scaling the business quickly over the next 12-18 months. We’re a team of seven full and thee more part-time people, and we’re hiring!
We are looking for someone with 2+ years experience to be Lead UX/UI Designer. You will be joining the product team of Cuvva, and will play an integral role in helping design our product and branding of the business. Ideally, you will have experience at an early stage B2C company or a well known design agency.
We expect our Lead Designer to have a very strong competence in mobile digital product design combined with a creative mindset and good understanding of branding principles. Brand awareness is key, an important element of the role will be helping the marketing team with building the Cuvva brand, growing recognition of the product with our target customers.
You will also be a core part of the product team, extracting and distilling user behaviour insights gained through rigorous experiments that you will have helped design and run live on our platform. Importantly you will be able to explain the inputs and outputs of this process to the rest of the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and shaping Cuvva’s Product design strategy and priorities
- Optimising the current Current UX/UI experience including ideation and creation of new user flows.
- Analysing user behaviours, conversion data, customer journeys and usage data
- Continual refinement of our design principles
- The design of all marketing materials
- Working closely with the rest of the team, including marketing, technical and finance
Some specific skills you will need:
- 2+ years of professional experience in mobile UX being essential
- UX design experience with mobile is essential, particularly iOS. UI design experience is a bonus
- Experience in crafting user experiences for mobile and Web Application design
- Strong focus on the user, with a passion for keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in mobile UX/UI -research and best practice
- A hands-on approach to design, development and testing
- Ability to rapidly produce multiple visual directions/variations and UX/UI concepts
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven background in design and a meticulous attention to detail
- End-to-end experience of the design process, from definition to delivery
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others, though able to work autonomously when needed
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines and Google’s material design
- Proficiency in Sketch/Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools such as InVision or Marvel
- Some experience in creating branding and marketing materials
- HTML & CSS skills are a bonus!
We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically highly competent, but also a great cultural fit. We are looking for a team member who is excited about building a B2C startup business and is willing to think independently about how best to reach, attract and retain customers.
If this sounds like you, please apply now! We look forward to hearing from you!!
Please note we will only consider direct enquiries from applicants. No recruiters at this time, thank you.