- Reports to: James Billingham (co-founder)
- Remuneration: £45-60k + equity
- Location: London
- Working Hours: as you would expect for a startup!
- Start: ASAP
- Contract: permanent
The next big area within finance to get disrupted, insurance is ripe for innovation, and Cuvva is starting with car insurance.
Ever thought the premium for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is. At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, via an app.
No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own platform from scratch for distributing insurance. We’re using it to change the way people buy and use insurance, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B. It’s all about providing insurance that fits.
If you think you have what it takes to raise our game and you’re interested in dynamic risk profiling, real-time marketplace competition, behavioural psychology, cool hardware integrations and automated emergency/crash detection, then we should talk.
Cuvva is seed funded (£500k to date), and has recently completed the Barclays/Techstars fintech accelerator. We are currently fundraising with a view to scaling the business quickly over the next 12-18 months. We’re a team of eight full and part-time people, and we’re hiring!
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer who will lay the foundations for the next couple of years of the user-facing side of Cuvva’s platform. You will have experience building complex apps in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity, while leading other engineers at the same time. You care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure for the long term, with a track record of delivering solutions which support your team and product.
Cuvva as seen by our customers will be created and owned by you, managing the delivery of our user experience end-to-end. You will also regularly prototype new concepts and research new technology, with a view to incorporating it into our long term plans. You will put practices and infrastructure into place which will support and lead your team as it grows.
You will be responsible for:
- developing practices and procedures for our use of Android platforms
- laying the foundations for a codebase which will be in production for multiple years
- bringing our new design concepts to realisation (let us know if you’d like a peek!)
- collaborating with our platform team to spec out API requirements
- working with our team to develop their skills
- eventually building out a team of your own
- helping customers and fixing any problems they have (everyone does support)
The perfect addition to our team will have:
- a fiercely independent and self-driven approach
- 2+ years of leading mobile engineering at high-scale companies
- played with Android since its early days
- experience dealing with adapting tightly defined designs for responsive display
- a deep-rooted love of South Park, along with other satire and dark humor
- more ideas than they know what to do with
- a strong understanding of tech startups and what it means to work in this environment
- awareness of compliance and financial regulation
We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically highly competent, but also a great cultural fit!
Apply directly with your CV and a short paragraph about yourself.
For an up-to-date listing of all our open positions: https://github.com/cuvva/jobs
Note: at present, Cuvva does not work with recruiters. We will only consider direct enquiries from applicants
Cuvva is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our reference number is 690273. You can check our details on their website.