Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Salary + equity
Curve is growing! Join our adventurous startup and help us unlock potential; we believe that the next gen of banking is a digital platform that connects you to everything money. We believe that in the future, people will have only one platform that will help them connect with the best financial offers, pay everywhere with any card or from any account, save time and money, and get back in control of their finances.
Our team of entrepreneurs, makers and gifted engineers are together developing a ground-breaking product with the customer at the core – we took the humble bank card, injected it with a whole lot of innovation, logic & creativity and added a dash of native mobile. Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges.
If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
We’re looking for software engineers to join our talented engineering team. You’ll be actively contributing to our fast paced, ground-breaking fintech startup.
Is this You?
- You’re dedicated to writing clean, testable and scalable code
- Your talents & experience of building products extend beyond websites to include high volume systems or payment processing
- A desire to see your efforts realised – we commit code twice a day!
- You’re excited by collaborating and are able to encourage creativity and efficiency within the team; generating ideas and creating insightful solutions
- Excellent CS or equivalent Degree
- A genuine enthusiasm for what you do, illustrated by contributions to open source projects, Hackathon wins or personal applications!
We’re looking for you to:
- Work in a cross functional team
- Research, design and write new system services
- Maintain & improve our current codebase
- Write production ready & tested code
- Present ideas for system improvements
- Participate in technology, programming and architecture discussions
- Investigate new technologies
As a Curve Software Engineer one of your responsibilities may include building a transaction processing system, which processes transactions worth millions of pounds. You’ll also be part of the team that will build new features like the public API or fraud engine. Our current stack is PHP but we’re open to conversation.
Technical experience includes:
- Engineering experience: You’ve done web development for 4+ years working on high volume, complex systems. Bonus points for real-time transaction based systems. Understanding SOLID principles, TDD/BDD and similar friends. Writing code which can be extended, modified, tested and refactored without any problems. Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- Teamwork: You’re used to working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a team player.
- Product centric: You love solving hard technical challenges and producing clean code, but you realise the product and the end-user’s experience is the most important thing. You need to care about the users and think beyond just the technical challenges.
- Self directed: We’re a startup. We need someone who is comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion. As well as being comfortable with interruptions from time to time.
Engineering experience includes:
- Experience in building parallel or concurrent applications
- Experience with software architectures like microservices
- Experience in modern programming languages GO, Java or other JVM languages like Scala
- PHP and modern PHP frameworks (Symfony2, Laravel)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with OWASP ASVS and SANS top 20
- Familiarity with Uncle Bob or Martin Fowler
We’re a kick ass team of ambitious dreamers who get things done. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
With tens of thousands of sign-ups to date, our user base is growing daily. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, including Speedinvest VC, led by Stefan Klestil; Ex-Google Wallet consortium; Ricky Knox, founder of Azimo and Open Bank Project; Taavet Hinrikus, founder of TransferWise; Ed Wray, founder of BetFair; Kima Ventures and a visionary founder who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise their expertise.
We care about what we do, and how we do it …. and we care about each other! With a desire to build a world-class team across all functions, we believe that everyone who joins our journey and contributes to the success should be rewarded with equity. Our compensation philosophy is simple but powerful: give everyone a meaningful stake in the company, the purest form of ownership. We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best of the best with us.
How we aim to look after you:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Your dream computer (whatever your heart desires)
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, personal fitness instruction, massages, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Developing library – constant learning is key
- Owning your own projects
- Other essentials such as snacks, drinks, and other things as we think of them
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by applying to Anney Wyner, our Talent Lead, as much information as possible about you, your personal projects (Github/ STO), any open source contributions, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you and what you feel you can contribute.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.