CrowdJustice is a high growth, well backed tech-for-good company. We help people who wouldn’t otherwise be able, to access the courts and the legal system through crowdfunding. Since launch in May 2015 we have helped important cases raise over £2M in funding, seen claimants get their cases to the Supreme Court, given communities a voice – and we’ve been featured in the Guardian, FT, BBC, TechCrunch and more
Our aim is to even the scales of justice, whilst simultaneously help groups come together around issues that are important to them. We want to democratise justice and are a Senior Engineer to perform the role of Tech Lead in our growing team.
- Contribute significantly to the software and system design – not only through programming and design, but also through coaching, code review, and best practice
- Be responsible for building and operating services that power the CrowdJustice platform
- Actively participate in an agile multidisciplinary product team
- Gain an understanding of our business, our clients, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgement to make autonomous decisions
- Promote and use automation and good testing practice to ensure we can keep quality high as we grow
- Use modern runtimes and frameworks as appropriate to make sure we are secure, modern, productive, and a great place to write software
- Be a good communicator and have an opinion on tools, technologies and ways of working, with the experience to back it up
- Have a strong focus on quality and a desire to get things done the best possible way
- You’ll be naturally inclined to lead smart engineers of all levels and support them junior colleagues in their career development
- You care about code quality, TechOps, security, web performance and testing
- You’re happy to experiment, learn and pick the right tools for the job
- Driven to see your team succeed and enjoy dynamic environments where willing to put in the graft to make a difference
- You’re interested in our social justice mission and the technical challenges that lie ahead as we scale
What’s in for You?
- Impactful role in a well funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice
- Continuous learning: You’ll be joining the company early so lots of technical and design challenges for you to have a real impact on as we learn and solve them together
- Autonomy in what you build and how you build it
- Impact on helping us shape our culture
- Truly make a positive, meaningful contribution to people’s lives
- Pick your own kit set up
- Competitive salary and share options
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.