Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world’s leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s leading venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we’re enabling entrepreneurs to raise funds for their businesses through our platform. We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 and we have over 300,000 registered users and over 400 British businesses have successfully funded on the platform in that time. We are backed by leading investors Balderton Capital, Numis and Draper Esprit.
What we are doing:
We’re looking to grow our talented in-house development team by adding an experienced engineer to our dedicated DevOps team. We’re building a secure, scalable and robust platform that powers one of the worlds largest equity crowdfunding platforms, so reliability is crucial. We are an agile team based across three sites that ships regularly. Our engineers work in small product focused feature teams where collaboration is key. Our platform is primarily PHP/Nginx/MySQL but we are advocates of using the right tools for the right job. We run Ruby, Python and Golang for solving specific problems. We hire for good judgement and trust you to lead discussions and make the decisions that determine what is being built and how. We need to ensure the infrastructure is efficient and trustworthy, so which tools should we use next?
- Lead architectural discussions to ensure solutions are scalable, secure and reliable
- Lead areas of analysis, design and implementation, and validate strategies for continuous deployment to both host and support cloud-based infrastructure whilst ensuring high availability on both production and pre-production systems.
- Develop automation tools and frameworks to manage cloud deployment & configuration across production, staging, and dev/test environment servers
- Introduce real-time monitoring systems.
- Act as a manager and mentor of our DevOps team.
- Take ownership of our AWS infrastructure
Ideally you will:
Be an experienced and ambitious engineer who wants to create great infrastructure and work with cutting edge DevOps technologies. Experience with technologies in our stack such as PHP, Python, Go is a must.
Experience of the following is also important to enable us to take our platform to the next phase of growth:
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with containerization
- Experience of maintaining multiple environments (dev, prod, stage etc)
- Experience of CI and CD pipelines
- Experience of alerting/monitoring tools
- Running databases such as MySQL, Redis and Elasticsearch
- Git (or similar version control)
We like to nurture talent and want to ensure members of our team keep developing and honing their skills. As such we offer subscriptions to online courses for instance with dedicated study time, as well as actively support participation in hackathons and conferences. We believe in using the right tools for the job and that may involve spending time learning them along the way.
We’re a growing team and we’re a passionate hard working team but we also like to take care of our team:
- We provide our engineers with a choice of developer spec Mac/Windows/Linux laptop
- Competitive salary
- We also offer 25 days holiday each year.
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company perks such as juices, fruit and of course office pizzas and beers (Or cider)
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more…
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.