Cake Solutions is looking for a Contract DevOps Engineer to join the team immediately with a real passion for on-going learning and continual skills development. The role will involve creating and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines, to ensure automated and repeatable development processes.
You will be helping to build and deploy system infrastructure in a cloud-focused environment while providing operational advice to developers when appropriate. Our experienced, cross-functional agile teams enable the delivery of entire solutions not just lines of code.
Reporting: This role reports to the Lead DevOps Engineer, Core DevOps Team.
A DevOps Engineer in the Core DevOps team is responsible for implementing, and driving best practices for enterprise deployments and software development lifecycle automation. This includes providing solutions that are robust, scalable, and highly available. Ideally, the candidate has previous exposure or experience with distributed system design, which includes cloud-capable systems and deployments.
What we would like to see in skills/expertise:
- Agile working practices
- Amazon Web Services e.g. EC2, S3, Route53 (or an equivalent cloud provider)
- Experience or understanding of managing infrastructure as code using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform
Unix/Linux OS administration and configuration
- Python / Ruby / Go / Groovy (good understanding of any one of these languages)
- Build servers – i.e. Hudson, Jenkins, etc.
- Virtualization software: Vagrant, Oracle VirtualBox, VMware, Parallels
- Demonstrable experience with at least one configuration management tool e.g. Puppet / Chef / Ansible
- Experience in building and deploying one or more of the following types of applications: Scala, Go, .NET, Java, Erlang,
- NoSql database admin – MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, etc.
- Apache Mesos/Marathon, DC/OS, Kubernetes, Zookeeper, etc.
Apply now to talk about your skills, Cake, day rate and availability