BookingBug is the industry’s most advanced, powerful and versatile appointment and event booking platform, powering the real-time management of appointments made via online, mobile, in-store or call centre for thousands of enterprise clients. Using a combination of cutting-edge front end technologies, and a truly open and scalable cloud-based API architecture, we’re able to design solutions that can accommodate the wildest of client requirements.
It’s an exciting time to join BookingBug. We’re scaling up our Technology teams, and looking for an experienced Developer to join one of our Dev Squads (affectionately named after video games). The BookingBug platform is built on the AWS cloud platform, and is constantly in a state of expansion. We employ various frameworks, from front-end AngularJS interfaces to Swift 3 SDK, and microservices with AWS Lambda.
As a Developer, your main responsibility will be for the design, development and implementation of new features to improve the scalability and feature set of our platform, as well as production, modification and maintenance of the web application and user interfaces. There’s loads to get stuck into in this role – at the moment the team are involved in –
- Implementing Redux with Angular
- Exploring microservices with AWS Lambda
- Building scalable, versioned, fully functional API leveraging elastic search
- 3 + years of commercial Ruby on Rails development experience and a genuine interest in web development
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues from multiple departments including non-technical
- Ideally commercial experience using:
- Fluent English speaking & writing ability is essential
- Agile development experience ideal
- Comfortable working in a non-corporate, start-up environment
- A desire to adopt and put into practice emerging web standards and technology, but also respect older technologies to ensure that you the deliver the best possible experience to all users
- Meticulous with your work, striving for perfection in the work that you design and build
- Confident finding solutions to novel problems and keen to learn & grow with the company you’re joining
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability and commercial success of a big business, but the heart & soul of a start-up. You’ll be working on truly interesting challenges – engineering issues, scalability, latency, distributed systems… so we need someone who is motivated by problem solving & seeing the wider impacts of their work. If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you! We’re based in Farringdon in a dynamic, fun office, and have international offices in Boston and Sydney as well. Our team is very diverse, with backgrounds spanning from astrophysics to criminology to music management, and we pride ourselves on our great working culture.