BookingBug is the industry’s most advanced, powerful and versatile appointment and event booking platform, powering the real-time management of appointments made via online, mobile, in-store or call centre for thousands of enterprise clients. Using a combination of cutting-edge front end technologies, and a truly open and scalable cloud-based API architecture, we’re able to design solutions that can accommodate the wildest of client requirements. As technology progresses, so do we; re-architecting and expanding our platform to take advantage of new ideas, methodologies, and the latest and greatest trends in the technology industry.
It’s an exciting time to join BookingBug. We’re scaling up our Technology teams, and looking for an experienced Developer to join one of our Dev Squads (affectionately named after video games). The BookingBug platform is built on the AWS cloud platform, and is constantly in a state of expansion. We employ various frameworks, from front-end AngularJS interfaces to MVC frameworks and design patterns for the construction of our back-end APIs.
As a Ruby on Rails Developer, your main responsibility will be for the design, development and implementation of new features to improve the scalability and feature set of our platform, as well as production, modification and maintenance of the web application and user interfaces, working closely with our Project Managers and our own internal testing team.
You will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Designing, developing and implementing new functionality
- Monitoring our systems and ensuring they stay online
- Developing tests and working autonomously
- Helping us improve our development methodologies and ways of working
- Performing code reviews of other team members’ code
- Mentoring and supporting more junior team members into great Developers
- 1.5 + years of commercial Ruby on Rails development experience (essential)
- A genuine interest in web development
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues from multiple departments including non-technical teams such as Sales and Marketing
- A desire to adopt and put into practice emerging web standards and technology, but also respect older technologies to ensure that you the deliver the best possible experience to all users
- Ideally, commercial experience using:
- REST APIs
- TDD (Rspec, Selenium)
- GIT version control
- AWS (EC2, S3, Route 53)
- Linux (Passenger, Apache)
- Fluent English speaking ability
- Agile development experience
- Comfortable working in a non-corporate, start-up environment
- Meticulous with your work, striving for perfection in the work that you design and build
- Confident with finding solutions to novel problems and making something work when the solution is not straightforward
- Creative, innovative, like getting stuck in and are keen to learn and grow with the company you’re joining
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you. We’re based in Farringdon in a dynamic, fun office, and have international offices in Boston and Sydney as well. Our team is very diverse, with backgrounds spanning from astrophysics to criminology and computer game design to music management, and we pride ourselves on our great working culture and offer all staff a host of extra perks and regular social activities.