As a software developer you will be responsible for analysing and implementing business requirements by designing and creating application code.
You will be looking after an existing and quickly evolving application. We have an approach assuming that it’s imperative to design with the future in mind but implement for tomorrow.
In the first instance, your responsibilities will start with taking over existing code and adding new functionality on the back-end. Going forward, the role will require design proposals with regards to application modularity, horizontal scalability and dynamic processing demand handling.
Aside from the main application development, you will be tasked with preparing and executing technology research and PoC mini-projects. Those will be oriented on keeping the main system up to date with current technologies as well as incorporating new modules or functionality to the system that will be enabled by adopting the results of those mini-projects.
We are interested in an engineer with:
- having experience (at least 2 years) in development in cloud: Google App Engine preferred but we’d welcome Amazon or Azure developers as well
- diverse programming skills; preferably Java but not limited to;
- open mind in terms of learning new skills and getting proficient with various software tools
- excited about processing large amounts of data
- comfortable with agile development practices (scrum, retrospectives, etc.)
- flexible working: office/home/wherever
- competitive salary depending on experience
- share options packages
- working on cutting edge data handling platform
- R&D with tools like TensorFlow, BigQuery, etc.