As a Delivery Consultant you will have the opportunity to deliver a wide range of solutions to a broad spectrum of clients. You will have direct access to our clients and will act as a subject matter expert within the development space and working in an agile environment you will deliver rapid and responsive solutions.
You’re in charge of your destiny within BJSS and we will support you all the way. We will provide support and training, if it will clearly benefit both parties. You will have the opportunity to travel and get involved in a range of disciplines, to further develop you as a multi-faceted consultant.
Whilst no project, engagement or role at BJSS is the same, there are core sets of responsibilities for all of our Software Engineers that include:
- Project Delivery: the day-to-day responsibility for technical aspects of a project, both internally at BJSS and at client sites
- Analysis and Design: understanding of both functional and non-functional requirements to produce well designed software, including the ability to communicate your design to others including clients
- Software Development: construction and testing of software components to a high standard within a team
- Quality Assurance: understanding of system test plans and system testing. Eliciting and documenting System Functional and Non-Functional Requirements
The successful candidate will have excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate skillful application of the following core competencies;
- Commercial experience of software development using Java
- Experience with Spring Boot would be an advantage
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP and/or Kanban)
- Automated testing including unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Strong Object Oriented skills